ele ted s 23.21
9. Consider the following statements about (c) 2, 3 and 4
GIC Re. (d) 1, 2, 3 and 4
1. The public sector reinsurer provides
11. Which one of the following statements is
reinsurance support to the life and
non-life insurance companies in the not true about Game Theory?
country. (a) It is a branch of economics that
2. It also manages Marine Hull Pool, uses models to study interactions
Indian terrorism insurance pool and between countries, individuals and
India motor third party insurance pool organisations.
for commercial vehicles on behalf of (b) It was devised in 1944 by John Von
Indian insurance industry. Neumann and Oscar Morgenstern.
3. It has emerged as a preferred reinsurer (c) It was often used in political or military
in the Afro-Asian region. context to explain conflicts between
4. It is the third largest aviation reinsurer countries but has of late been used
globally. to map trends in the business world,
Select the correct statements using the code ranging from how cartels sell prices to
below. how companies can better their goods
and services in new markets.
(d) Robert J. Aumann and Thomas C.
(a) 1, 2 and 3
Schelling were awarded Nobel Prize in
(b) 1, 3 and 4
Economics in 2005 for their work on
(c) 2, 3 and 4 this theory.
(d) 1, 2, 3 and 4
12. Select the correct statements about
10. Consider the following statements regarding ‘countervailing duty’—
the marginal standing facility rate of the
RBI. (a) A tax imposed on import by the
importing country to neutralise the
1. It is similar to the repo rate for the
financial institutions. benefit of export subsidies offered by
the exporting country.
2. It is on the lines of the liquidity
adjustment facility and part of it. (b) Another name of the anti-dumping
3. Though it is a costlier route to fulfil duty.
overnight requirement of funds, it is (c) It does not come under the preview of
not a penal rate. the WTO.
4. Banks use this route once they exhaust (d) It is opposite to custom duty.
all channels to raise short-term fund. 13. Due to certain reasons, it becomes
Select the incorrect statements using the difficult for the Export Credit Gaurantee
code given below: Corporation to cover pure commercial
(a) 1, 2 and 3 risks of the medium- and long-term exports
originating from India. What are these
(b) 1, 3 and 4 reasons?