23.14 ndian onom
4. Brokers have no compulsions of 2. This is completely opposite to the
quoting two-way prices of securities public issue route where no negotiation
though they may do so voluntarily. takes place with the investors.
Which of the above statements are correct? 3. Other than the foreign and domestic
financial institutions, individuals too
(a) 1, 2 and 3
can participate in it.
(b) 2, 3 and 4
(c) 1, 3 and 4 Which of the above statements are
(d) 1, 2, 3 and 4
(a) 1 and 2
16. Consider the following statements regarding (b) 2 and 3
Commodity Future Trading in India.
(c) 1 and 3
1. It is the best tool of maintaining stable
(d) 1, 2 and 3
prices for the commodities.
2. Price discovery at Commodity 18. Consider the following statements related
Exchanges discounts the local and to a limited liability firm.
global factors in the process of price 1. Nominal Capital of a company is the
search. limit up to which a company can issue
3. This is highly suitable for the shares.
agricultural commodities in India 2. Registered Capital and Authorised
where highest price fluctuations Capital of a company are synonyms.
happen due to various natural and 3. Paid-up Capital of a company can
man-made reasons. never be more than its Issued Capital.
4. At times, GoI bans trading in certain 4. Upper limit of Paid-up Capital of a
agricultural commodities as in short- company is its Authorised Capital.
term it may lead to speculative price Select the correct statements using the code
Which of the above statements are (a) 1, 2 and 3
correct? (b) 2, 3 and 4
(a) 1, 2 and 3 (c) 1, 3 and 4
(b) 2, 3 and 4 (d) 1, 2, 3 and 4
(c) 1, 3 and 4
19. Consider the following statements related
(d) 1, 2, 3 and 4 to the Angel Investors.
17. Consider the following statements about 1. Such investors are focused on helping
the ‘private placement’ route to raise capital the business succeed rather than
from the primary security market. reaping a huge profit from their
1. Shares are sold to a select group of investment.
investors through a process of direct 2. Conceptually, in profit motive, they are
negotiations. exact opposite of a ‘venture capitalist’.