22. Which star is nearest to the sun?
(a) proxima centuary
(b) beta centuary
(c) alpha centuary
(d) gamma centuary
23. Which of the following is not a planet of solar system? [MPPCS (Pre) 2011]
24. Which of the following is not a planet in our solar system?
25. What is the number of natural satellites in our solar system?
26. What is the number of dwarf planets in our solar system?
27. Which of the following is/are TRUE about dwarf planet?
(a) It is a planetary-mass object that is neither a planet nor a satellite.
(b) Dwarf planets orbit our sun, a star.
(c) Dwarf planet Ceres is in the main asteroid belt between Mars and Jupiter.
(d) All of the above
28. Consider the following statements about satellites:
1. A satellite is a celestial body that orbits another body.
2. There are two types of satellites. These are Natural satellites and Artificial satellites.
3. Natural satellites are objects which are formed by nature such as the moon.
4. The first artificial satellite was Sputnik I.
Which of the above is/are TRUE?
(a) 1, 2, 3 only
(b) 1, 2, 4 only
(c) 2, 3, 4 only