The correct sequence in which these teeth occur starting from the middle and going backwards in each half of the jaw is :
(a) 1, 2, 3, 4
(b) 4, 2, 1, 3
(c) 4, 3, 2, 1
(d) 2, 4, 3, 1
282. Which of the following statements are true about glycolysis?
A. It is a physical process by which cells obtain energy without oxygen.
B. It converts molecules of glucose into smaller molecules.
C. It initiates the electron transport chain.
D. It produces a very small amount of adenosine triphosphate.
(a) A, B and C
(b) B and D
(c) A and D
(d) A, B and D
283. Which of the following is/are true about pancrease?
1) It is the second largest glandular organ in the human body.
2) It is located in the large intestine.
3) It is both an endocrine and exocrine gland.
(a) 1 only
(b) 2 and 3
(c) 1, 2 and 3
(d) 1 and 3
284. Which of the following statements are true about Iysosomes?
A. They are sites of protein synthesis.
B. They are present only in animal cells.
C. They are attached to the nucleus.
D. They are known as "suicide bags".
(a) B and D
(b) A and C
(c) A, B and C
(d) A, B, C and D
285. Arrange the following in sequence to explain Darwin"s theory in "The Origin of the Species".
III. Struggle for existence
IV. Survival of the fittest
(a) I, II, IV, III
(b) II, I, III, IV
(c) I, II, III, IV
(d) II, III, I, IV
286. When two organisms exist in such a way that only one is benefited by the other, the relationship is called: