275. The tree requiring minimum water for its growth is:
276. Regarding the carrot, it is true to say that:
(a) main root is modified for food storage
(b) main stem is modified for food storage
(c) stem and root store food
(d) root hairs are modified to hold soil
277. The fruit formed without fertilisation is known as: [CDS 1992]
278. Plant hormone that induces cell division is: [CDS1992]
279. The scientist who explained about blood circulation for the first time :
(a) Antonyvan Leewen Hock
(b) William Harvey
(c) Gregor Mendel
(d) Ronald Ross
280. Put in chronological order:
1) Mendel"s laws of inheritance.
2) Darwin"s theory of evolution.
3) Blood circulation theory by Harvey.
4) DeVrie"s theory of mutation.
(a) 3, 2, 1, 4
(b) 1, 2, 3, 4
(c) 2, 1, 3, 4
(d) 3, 2, 4, 1
281. An adult human being has 16 teeth on each jaw. In each half of the jaws, there are:
1) Three molars
2) Two incisors
3) Two premolars
4) One canine