210. Lungs are situated in :
(a) buccal cavity
(b) pericardial cavity
(c) thoracic cavity
(d) abdominal cavity
211. If father has blood group A and mother has blood group O, then which of the following blood groups may be found in
their son? [IAS 1994]
(d) B, AB or O
212. Why do two eyes give better vision than one?
(a) Because two lenses together impart a higher converging power so that a sharp image is formed on the retina
(b) Because two eyes do not form exactly similar images and the fusion of these two dissimilar images in the brain
gives the three dimensional or stereoscopic vision
(c) Because both the eyes are connected by nerves to the brain and hence transmit the message more quickly to the
(d) None of the above
213. Which of the following hormones contains iodine?
214. Respiratory centre is situated in:
(c) medulla oblongata
215. A person with AB blood group is sometimes called a universal recipient because of the : [IAS 1995]
(a) presence of antibodies in his blood
(b) lack of antibodies in his blood .
(c) lack of antigen in his blood
(d) lack of both antigens and antibodies in his blood
216. The correct sequence of passage of air through the respiratory tract during respiration is :
(a) Nostril-Nasalcavity-Pharynx- Larynx Trachea-Bronchi-Bronchioles-Alveoli