197. Alzheimer"s disease in human beings is characterised by the degeneration of:
(a) kidney cells
(b) nerve cells
(c) brain cells
(d) liver cells
198. The yellow colour of urine is due to the presence of:
199. Consider the following statements about antigens: [CDS 1995]
1) They induce the formation of antibodies.
2) They provide immunity.
3) They are formed only within the body.
Of these statements, the correct ones are:
(a) 1 and 2
(b) 2 and 3
(c) 1 and 3
(d) 1, 2 and 3
200. In mammals, the part of the brain that has reached highest level of development and that has enabled humans to grow
their own crop, invent machines, develop language and art is : [NDA 1995]
(c) medulla oblangata
(d) None of the above
201. Match the following:
A. Shoulder and Joints 1. Ball and socket joints
B. Ankle, Knee and Elbow joints 2. Hinge joints
C. Toe bones 3. Ellipsoid joints
D. Bones in palm 4. Gliding joints
A B C D
(a) 1 2 3 4
(b) 1 3 4 2
(c) 2 4 3 1
(d) 2 1 4 3
202. Which of the following glands is situated beneath the brain and whose over secretion produces giants-size children?