94. Regarding bacteriophages it is true to say that:
1) it is a virus which infects a bacterium.
2) it consists of protein and nucleic acid.
3) it has both DNA and RNA.
(a) 1, 2 and 3
(b) 1 and 2
(c) 1 and 3
(d) 2 only
95. Which one of the following statements is correct?
(a) All enzymes are proteins
(b) All proteins are enzymes
(c) Some enzymes are proteins
(d) Only bacterial enzymes are not proteins
96. In certain amino acids. which one of the following elements is found in addition to carbon. hydrogen. nitrogen and
97. During sleep a man"s blood pressure:
(c) remains constant
98. Which one of the following forms an irreversible complex with haemoglobin of blood?
(a) Carbon dioxide
(b) Pure nitrogen gas
(c) Carbon monoxide
(d) A mixture of carbon dioxide
99. Sugar syrup is used for the preservation of fruits because it :
(a) kills the microorganisms present in them
(b) helps to improve their taste and flavour
(c) drains moisture to inhibit growth of microorganisms
(d) mixes well with the fruits
100. Bionics is the science of:
1) application of mathematics to the study of living things.
2) application of the knowledge of the living world characteristics to the world of machines.
3) study of relation of an organism to its environment.
4) study of laws of life.
(a) 1 and 2