67. Three communicable diseases prevalent in developing countries caused by unsafe drinking water and bad sanitation
are: [IAS 1993]
(a) malaria, acute diarrhoea and schistosomiasis
(b) rheumatism, malaria and AIDS
(c) acute diarrhoea, cancer and gout
(d) onchocerciasis, leukemia and arthritis
68. Which among the following are the major reasons behind preferring Eucalyptus tree in the planned forestation process?
1) Plantation grows very fast.
2) Plantation makes the soil more fertile.
3) Wood from Eucalyptus tree is easily converted into pulp for paper industry.
Select the correct answer using the code given below: [CDS 2010]
(a) 1 and 2
(b) 1 and 3
(c) 2 and 3
(d) 1, 2 and 3
69. Which of the following vegetable proteins is considered as good as an animal protein? [IFS 1990]
(a) Soya bean protein
(b) Corn protein
(c) Wheat protein
(d) Bengal gram protein
70. To which one of the following types of organisms do mushrooms belong? [NDA 2010]
71. The most important requirement for the people of a flood hit area is:
(a) small pox vaccination
(b) BCG injection
(c) inoculation against cholera
(d) None of the above
72. Which of the, following groups contains only antibiotics?
(a) Chloromycetin, tetramycin, cortisone
(b) Penicillin, tetramycin, streptomycin
(c) Penicillin, streptomycin, ACTH
(d) Sulphanilamide, DNA, penicillin