340. Lecuminous plants are recommended for rotation of crops because they
(a) kill harmful insects
(b) require little amount of water
(c) help in Nitrogen fixation
(d) are cash crops
341. The drug Ergot is obtained from
342. The juice from the leaves of ________ is used for the treatment of diarrhoea, cholera and dysentery.
(d) None of the above
343. Who is called the father of modem antiseptic surgery?
(a) Edward Jenner
(b) Joseph Lister
(c) Louis Pasteur
(d) William Harvey
344. Which one of the following is viral disease?
(c) Lock Jaw
345. Name the nematode which lives in lymph vessels of man.
(b) Hook worm
(c) Filarial worm
(d) Guinea worm
346. The bacteria that gets into our body is consumed by
(b) Blood platelets
347. Small pox is caused by
348. The deficiency of Vitamin A which leads to poor vision during night is termed
(d) colour blindness
349. Vaccine for influenza has been discovered by