264. The principle involved in dialysis, a treatment administered to patients with affected kidneys is
265. In the mouth, starch is converted into ______ by the action of saliva.
266. Which of the following cannot be used for the preparation of soap?
(a) oleic acid
(b) acetic acid
(c) palmitic acid
(d) stearic acid
267. Which of the following is not a food material?
268. Annealing of glass is carried out by
(a) rapid cooling
(b) rapid heating
(c) slow cooling
(d) slow heating
269. Even as early as 3000 BC glass was known to the
270. Annealing of glass is done in
(a) a cupel
(b) a long narrow chamber
(c) an open furnace
(d) a closed furnace
271. The science which deals with the chemistry of life processes is known as
(b) physical chemistry
(d) tinctorial chemistry