Grievance of orthodox and
misrule • Social reform & humanitarian
• Abolition of titles and pensions.
• Modearnization of education,
transport and communications
• Official Policy of taxing
• Activities of the Christian
Grievance of Sepoys Military Causes
• Mistreatment and discrimination; •Exposure of British invincibility
as a myth by a series of events.
• Refusal to pay batta.
•Disproportionate ratio of
•Religious objections to Act of 1856. sepoys.
•Encouragement of missionaries
Grievances of the Masses Immediate Cause
• Artisans and craftsmen • Introduction of new Enfield
Rifle with greased cartridges.
• Peasants and traditional zamindars
Basic Foreignners of British
• Different from other foreign