100 per cent oxo-biodegradable sanitary napkin, under the Pradhan Manrri Bhartiya
Janaushadhi Pariyojana (PMBJP).
• “I-METROS” an association of all Indian Metro Rail companies launched.
• Government has approved setting up of 9 Research Parks one each at IIT Madras, IIT
Kharagpur, IIT Bombay, IIT Gandhinagar, IIT Delhi, IIT Guwahati, IIT Kanpur, IIT
Hyderabad, and IISc Bangalore.
• On the occasion of International Women’s Day, March 8,the Ministry of Micro, Small and
Medium Enterprises(MSME) launched a portal for women entrepreneurs of India:
• On the occasion of International Women’s Day, the Prime Minister, launched the National
Nutrition Mission and Pan India Expansion of Beti Bachao Beti Padhao (BBBP) covering all
640 districts of the country.
• India awarded Best Exhibitor Award for Australia and Oceania category at the world’s
Tourism exhibition at Internationale Tourismus Borse (ITB) 2018.
• The Union Cabinet has approved an Agreement for the avoidance of double taxation and the
prevention of fiscal evasion with respect to taxes on income between India and Iran.
• The National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB) celebrated its 33rd Inception Day and released
Citizen Services Mobile App.
• Prime Minister and French President inaugurated Uttar Pradesh’s biggest solar power plant of
75 MW (101DC) capacity in Mirzapur. Built at a cost of around ₹ 528 crores, the 75 MW
solar plant at Vijaypur village in Mirzapur, will generate 13 crore units of electricity per
• The Prime Minister, launched development projects worth ₹ 750 crore in Manipur.
• Union Minister of Road Transport and Highways, Shipping and Water Resources, River
Development and Ganga Rejuvenation inaugurated the inland ferry services in the port city of
Vasco in Goa.
• The Union Cabinet has approved the opening of 18 new Indian Missions in Africa over a four
year period from 2018-2021.
• The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs has approved continuation of centrally
sponsored scheme of Rashtriya Uchchatar Shiksha Abhiyan (RUSA) from 1.04.2017 to
• The Union Cabinet has approved the launch of a new centrally sponsored Ayushman Bharat-
National Health Protection Mission (AB-NHPM) having central sector component under
Ayushman Bharat Mission anchored in the MoHFW.
• India’s Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle (GSLV-F08) successfully launched GSAT-
6A Satellite into Geosynchronous Transfer Orbit (GTO).
• The Union Minister of Human Resource Development, released the NIRF India Rankings
2018 in various categories on the basis of performance of Higher Educational Institutions.
• The Union Cabinet has approved the closure of Burn Standard Company Ltd (BSCL) - a
Central Public Sector Enterprise (CPSE) under Ministry of Railways.
• The Union Cabinet has approved the revision of pay and allowances of Lieutenant Governors
of Union Territories. It will bring the pay and allowances of LGs at par with that of the