• Finance Minister presents General Budget 2018-19 in Parliament.
• The Union Minister for Finance and Corporate Affairs launched CriSidEx, India’s first
sentiment index for micro and small enterprises (MSEs) developed jointly by CRISIL and
• The Union Cabinet has approved the proposal for ratification of Minamata Convention on
mercury and depositing the instrument of ratification enabling India to become a Party of the
• The Union Cabinet has given its approval for signing and ratification of protocol amending the
Agreement between India and China for the avoidance of double taxation and the prevention
of fiscal evasion with respect to taxes on income.
• The Union Cabinet has approved the proposal for closure of Autonomous Bodies, namely,
Rashtriya Arogya Nidhi (RAN) and Jansankhya Sthirata Kosh (JSK) and the functions are
proposed to be vested in Department of Health & Family Welfare (DoHFW).
• The Union Cabinet approved implementation of ‘Prime Minister’s Research Fellows (PMRF)’
scheme at a cost of ₹ 1,650 crore for a period of seven years beginning 2018-19.
• NITI Aayog launches the ‘Healthy States, Progressive India Report’. Kerala, Punjab and Tamil
Nadu have ranked top among the larger states in terms of overall performance.
• Prime Minister Narendra Modi conferred with Palestine’s highest award “Grand Collar of
State of Palestine” for promoting bilateral relations.
• The Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare (MoA&FW) organizes a national conference
“Agriculture 2022 - Doubling Farmers’ Income” at National Agriculture Science Complex
(NASC), Pusa, New Delhi.
• The Union Government sets up the ‘Niti Forum for North-East’. The Forum will be co-chaired
by the Vice-Chairman of NITI Aayog and Minister of State (I/C), Ministry of Development
of Northeastern Region (DoNER).The forum will have its Secretariat in the Ministry of
• Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS), the National Standards Body of India, in association with
Data Science Foundation organized the fifth international data science summit in New Delhi.
• DRDO successfully flew its Rustom 2 at its Aeronautical Test Range at Chitradurga.
• The Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances (DARPG), Government of
India, along with the Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology, Government of
India in association with Government of Telangana organises the 2 lst National Conference
• Anti Tank Guided Missiles (ATOM) NAG were successfully flight-tested in desert conditions
against two tank targets at different ranges and timings.
• The Union Cabinet has approved the proposal for establishment of National Financial
Reporting Authority (NFRA). The decision aims at establishment of NFRA as an
independent regulator for the auditing profession which is one of the key changes brought in
by the Companies Act, 2013.
• The Union Cabinet has approved the (signing of Migration and Mobility Partnership
Agreement between India and France.
• Union Minister for Chemicals & Fertilizers and Parliamentary Affairs launches ‘Suvidha’, the