In this scheme, the expenditure is shared between centre and state in 50:50 ratio. The aim of
      this Scheme is to motivate children of OBCs studying at pre-matric stage. The income ceiling for
      eligibility should not exceed ₹ 2,50,500/- per annum.
      Post-Matric Scholarship for OBCs
           The objective of the Scheme is to provide financial assistance to the OBC students studying
      at post-matriculation or post-secondary stage to enable them complete their education. The
      income ceiling of parents/guardians for eligibility is ₹ 1.00 lakh per annum (including self
      income, if employed.
      Construction of Hostels for OBC Boys and Girls
           This Scheme aims at providing hostel facilities to students belonging to socially and
      educationally backward classes, especially from rural areas, to enable them to pursue secondary
      and higher education. The funding pattern as per the guidelines are: (i) the cost of construction
      for boys hostels is shared between the centre and the state in 60:40 ratio. For the girls hostels the
      ratio is 90:10; (ii) in case of union territories, the central assistance is 100 per cent and for north
      eastern states. it is 90 per cent; (iii) for central universities /institutes, the central government
      share is 90 per cent and the remaining 10 per cent is borne by the central university institute for
      both boys and girls; (iv) the private universities/ institutions and NGOs can avail central
      assistance up to 45 per cent of the cost. The remaining 55 per cent shall be borne by state and
      university/ institution/NGO in 45:10 ratio; (v) the amount of grant will be released in 3
      instalments in 50:45:5 ratio, of which 5 per cent grant will be released after completion of the
      work and occupation of the rooms by the OBC boys and girls. The construction work of the
      hostel has to be completed within eighteen months from award of work order or two years from
      the release of central assistance, whichever is earlier. In no case the time will be extended
      beyond 2 years. Any cost escalation due to delay in project will be borne by the state/ institute.
      National Fellowship for OBC Students
      Assistance for Skill Development
           The aim of the Scheme is to involve the voluntary sector to improve educational and socio-
      economic conditions of the target group i.e., Other Backward Classes (OBCs)/De-notified,
      Nomadic and Semi-Nomadic Tribes (DNTs)/Economically Backward Classes (EBCs) with a
      view to upgrade skill to enable them to start income generating activities on their own or get
      gainfully employed in some sector or the other.
           It aims at providing financial assistance to the OBC students in obtaining quality higher
      education leading to degrees such as M.Phil and Ph.D in universities, research institutions and
      scientific institutions. The Scheme is designed to provide a total number of 300 junior research
      fellowships per year from 2014-15 onwards and 300 senior research fellowships from 2016-17 to
      Other Backward Class (OBC) students. The UGC is the nodal agency for implementing it and
      notifies the scheme through advertisements in the media at a suitable date. The Scheme covers
      all universities/institutions recognized by the University Grants Commission. The rate of
      fellowship for JRF level is ₹ 25000 per month and for SRF level, it is ₹ 28000 per month.
      Dr. Ambedkar Scheme of Interest Subsidy on Educational Loans
           The objective of the Scheme is to award interest subsidy to meritorious students belonging
      to the Other Backward Classes (OBCs) and Economically Backward Classes (EBCs) so as to