ARRANGEMENT OF SENTENCES
Q. Then the king had the stone (1) PSRQ (2) RQPS (1) PRQS (2) RQSP
removed. (3) QSRP (4) PQRS (3) QSRP (4) QRPS
R. Next day people passed by 468. 1. Rose was lonely in the house. 472. 1. It is now five in the evening.
and went round it. P. She was very good at that. P. And so it will bear away an-
S. He had a big stone put in the Q. She sat all day in a room on other child.
middle of the road one night. the terrace. Q. Soon it will be six and it will
6. Under the stone the king had R. She would sit on the rug and be time.
placed a purse full of money. do her reading and writing. R. I have to unveil the truth; I
(1) PSRQ (2) SRPQ S. It was a little room with noth- have to end the injustices
(3) QPRS (4) PQRS ing but a bed and a rug. committed by the shadow.
465. 1. September 2005. 6. It was the only thing she had S. The shadow will then come
P. I felt such a great weight on learnt from the convent. in darkness.
me that I could barely move. (1) QRSP (2) RSPQ 6. The shadow must be de-
Q. As the doors closed behind (3) QSRP (4) PSQR feated.
me, I was overcome by deep 469. 1. “As a matter of fact”, said the (1) PSRQ (2) SQRP
loneliness and despair. boy modestly,”I’m a space- (3) QSPR (4) PRQS
R. I was leaving behind my man.” 473. 1. “Mother do you love me?”,
family and I didn’t know P. “You can’t see it from here.” she asked.
when I would see them again. Q. ‘From another planet.’ P. She then looked into her
S. I was going through the R. ‘I’m a spaceman’, he said mother’s tear-filled eyes out
departure gate at the airport again. of impatience for a reply.
in Holguin, Cuba. Q. She kept waiting but her
S. John and George stared at
6. In my hands I held my prayer the boy. mother did not speak.
book. R. Then, she understood what
6. John gasped, George gave a
(1) RSQP (2) RQPS shout of laughter. words the mother’s eyes
(3) SQRP (4) PSRQ (1) PSRQ (2) QPSR spoke and the reason for her
466. 1. The recipe of making white silence.
(3) RQPS (4) SRQP
sauce is very simple. S. She got no direct reply and
470. 1. A poor woman lost her only
P. Stir the mixture of maida and grew restless.
butter constantly. 6. She climbed slowly on to her
P. He asked her to bring mus-
Q. Put one table spoon of fine mother’s lap.
tard seed from a house where
flour (maida) when the butter no death had ever taken (1) PRQS (2) QSRP
gets heated. place. (3) SQPR (4) RQPS
R. Heat one table spoon of butter Q. As Buddha wanted her to un- 474. 1. In the early 1920’s, settlers
in a pan. derstand that death is inevi- came to Alaska looking for
S. Add one cup of milk to the table. gold.
mixture and cook for one R. She could not find such a P. Today, people use it to get
minute. house. from place to place.
6. Add salt and pepper to taste. S. She came to Buddha to bring Q. The trail they used to travel
(1) QRSP (2) PRQS her son back to life. inland is known today as the
(3) SRQP (4) RQPS 6. The woman understood the Iditarod trail.
467. 1. I can’t stand here and message of Buddha. R. They travelled by boat, to
promise that your future (1) SPQR (2) SQPR Seward and Krik and from
path is going to be wonderful. there by land into the gold
(3) RSPQ (4) SRPQ
P. Whatever one feels like doing fields.
471. 1. Don’t ask what we are doing
today is set up as moral. S. The Iditarod trail quickly be-
Q. People don’t even pretend to came a major thoroughfare in
P. On other occasions we have
care about what is right. Alaska.
time in hand.
R. Instead, it might be very 6. In the winters, the only
Q. It is difficult to say if the
difficult, because our time is means of travel down this trail
programme can be put up at
different than some other is by dog sledge.
eras in human history. (1) PSQR (2) RQSP
R. This time we are not only fac-
S. If you look around, you can (3) PQRS (4) QRSP
ing a lack of time but of re-
see that, little by little, it is a sources as well. 475. 1. There was a large gathering
path l eading to ou r at the party.
S. I am losing confidence gradu-
destruction. P. I, too wore a brand new gold
ally, so please see what you
6. I am afraid that this legacy of can do for us. jacket.
freedom i s facing an Q. My black leather shoes were
6. We don’t want to give up try-
uncertain future. shining.