ARRANGEMENT OF SENTENCES
421. 1. One day G. Washington was tropical rainforests to alpine S. A sheet of paper is clipped
riding along a road. meadows. against the roller.
P. The beam was too heavy to P. In eastern Himalayas the 6. A person who knows typing,
lift without help. rainfall ranges from 125 to can really work fast on this
Q. The Corporal was giving them 300 cm, in Assam from 178 machine.
orders. to 305 cms. (1) SQPR (2) RPQS
R. On the way, he saw soldiers Q. The temperature in the region (3) PSQR (4) QPSR
lifting a heavy beam. varies with location, elevation, 428. 1. I usually sleep quite well in
S. They needed just one more topography, rainfall and the train, but this time I slept
man. humidity. only a little.
6. G. Washington dismounted R. The uneven distribution P. Most people wanted it shut
and helped the soldiers to lift affects the region in two and I wanted it open.
the beam. opposite ways, floods and Q. Soon there was a quarrel
(1) RQPS (2) QPRS droughts. about the window.
(3) SQRP (4) QRPS S. It is largely a humid tropical R. The quarrel left me
422. 1. There was a boy named Ali. region with two periods of completely upset.
P. They asked hi m to find rainfall; the winter rains come S. There were too may people
work. from the west and the and too much luggage all
Summer rains are brought by around.
Q. He lived with his parents.
the monsoon winds. 6. The window was shut all
R. But Ali refused to work.
6. The winter temperature in night as usual.
S. They were very poor.
Shillong, for example, varies (1) RSQP (2) SQPR
6. They asked him to leave the from 4°C to 24°C; in Gangtok,
house. (3) SQRP (4) RSPQ
from 9°C to 23°C.
(1) RQPS (2) PSQR 429. 1. We stayed on the second
(1) QRSP (2) SPRQ floor of an individual house.
(3) QSPR (4) SQPR
(3) PQRS (4) RSQP P. Then she would add the
423. 1. The second centre is much
426. 1. On vacation in T angier, three fourths water that he
Morocco, my friend and I sat would anyway add to the
P. It will be known as Dhana
down at a street cafe. milk.
Dhanya Cultural Complex.
P. At one point, he bent over Q. One day she said to him that
Q. It will come up at Alipore.
with a big smile, showing me he was too old to cl imb
R. The State Government has a single gold tooth and a dingy upstairs with the heavy can
deci ded to set up thi s fez. of milk.
Q. Soon I felt the presence of R. My mother was very angry
S. But it is equally attractive.
someone standing alongside with the old man who
6. This will be built in the me. brought diluted milk to us.
memory of Dwijendralal Roy.
R. But this one wouldn"t budge. S. She suggested to him that he
(1) PQSR (2) RQSP should come up with the can,
S. We had been cautioned about
(3) SQPR (4) QPSR beggars and told to ignore one fourth full with milk.
424. 1. Siem Reap is a small town them. 6. So that he was not burdened
near the temple of Angkor with climbing upstairs with
6. Finally a man walked over to
Wat. the heavy can.
me and whi spered, “Hey
P. There are some fine buddy, this guy is your waiter (1) QRSP (2) RQSP
examples of Khmer and and he wants to take your (3) PQRQ (4) SPRQ
French architecture. order”. 430. 1. Reporters gather news for
Q. The town is charming and newspaper.
(1) SQRP (2) SQPR
(3) QSRP (4)QSPR P. The newspaper is sent to the
R. In Angkor Wat you will find distributors.
427. 1. The manual typewriter is
mo re than 100 stone
worked by hand. Q. The news is classified and
mouments and temples.
P. The required letter is thus arranged by the editors.
S. Now a days, visitors are
printed on the paper. R. It is printed in the press.
using it as a base for visits
Q. When one of the keys is S. Then the newspapers are
to nearby temples.
tapped, a hammer goes and sent to news agencies.
6. To see the whole town can
strikes the ribbon against the 6. The news agencies sell the
take several days.
blank paper. newspapers.
(1) QPSR (2) PSRQ
R. Then the roller automatically (1) SRPQ (2) RPSQ
(3) RSPQ (4) SPRQ
moves on, another key is (3) QRPS (4) PRQS
425. 1. The north–eastern region
tapped and the next letter is 431. 1. The trial of Madhuri Gupta
presents a diverse system of
printed. began on the morning of 22
habitats, ranging from