ARRANGEMENT OF SENTENCES
four parts are not given in their proper P. Instead, it grew louder and R. The wind roared through the
order. Read the sentence/passage and louder and seemed to be coming forest carrying the flames almost
find out which of the four combinations from above. to the edge of town.
is correct. Q. At first he thought that it must S. It all b egan when some
(SSC CGL Tier-II (CBE) be a car travelling along the road wastepaper caught fire at the
Exam. 30.11.2016) he had recently left. foot of the valley.
399. 1. Some animals like fishes lay R. He looked up quickly and saw 6. Fire-brigades arrived from all
eggs and leave them. an aeroplane cutting a crazy, parts of the country to save
P. The mother does not care for the zigzag path across the sky. Deadwood.
eggs at all. S. He expected the noise to fade (1) RQSP (2) SQPR
Q. They lay thousands of eggs at a away in the distance. (3) PSRQ (4) QSPR
time but do not look after them. 6. It disappeared for an instant 407. 1. Health and fitness have now
R. Most of the eggs die and only a behind some clouds, then become one of the major
few of them develop into fishes. emerged and plunged into the concerns.
S. She simply leaves the eggs and field. P. This made life active and alert.
never comes back to them. (1) QSPR (2) SPRQ Q. Earlier humans used to hunt for
6. Is this not something terrible? (3) RPSQ (4) QPRS their living.
Yet, it is a fact. 404. 1. I got on a colourful bus filled R. No w, life has become more
(1) QPSR (2) PSQR with all kinds of strange people. simple and easy.
(3) RQPS (4) QSPR P. We arrived at a gate like the one S. Due to which their body had to
400. 1. Why should I tell you again in Salvador Dali’s paintings. undergo a lot o f physical
and again? Q. The bus rode across the dirty exercise.
P. They know what they have to do. expanses without roads. 6. Everything we need is just a
Q. Don’t you know your duties? R. At first, I wasn’t aware that the phone call away.
R. Only you require to be told. bus roof was loaded with drugs. (1) RPSQ (2) PQRS
S. Other students need not be told. S. Everyone was filled with dust (3) QSPR (4) SRQP
6. I will not tolerate this anymore. and often the wheels would sink 408. 1. My friend Peter went to live
into the soft soil. in a village.
(1) QSPR (2) QRPS
6. It was a gate neither separated P. But it was a very slow animal.
(3) SPRQ (4) QPSR
nor connected anything from or Q. So Peter bought a donkey for five
401. 1. One evening he lit a large lamp
to anything. hundred rupees.
in the bedroom and sat near his
wife. (1) QRSP (2) SPQR R. One day his neighbour told him
(3) RQSP (4) RSPQ that he must buy a donkey.
P. ‘Why not?’, was the answer.
405. 1. Prices of food products are S. Every family there had a donkey
Q. ‘Whatever you like.’
going up. to carry things for them.
R. ‘Shall I read you something?’, he
P. Seven straight weeks of rising 6. It did not like to work.
prices have burnt holes i n (1) RSPQ (2) QPSR
S. ‘What shall I read?’, he
common man’s pockets. (3) SRQP (4) RSQP
Q. But i t ruled out any “blind 409. 1. The master returned home
6. He was somewhat taken aback
control” to rein in the increasing after sometime.
by her answer.
rates. P. The snake was lying dead under
(1) RPSQ (2) SRQP
R. Wholesale price-based inflation the cradle.
(3) RQPS (4) SQPR
has already touched over a three Q. He went into the room where the
402. 1. Marine biology is the study of baby was sleeping.
organisms in the ocean. year high.
S. The government has admitted R. It had been killed by his dog.
P. At a fundamental level, marine S. He noticed a snake.
life helps determine the very that containing inflation would be
a more difficult task. 6. He realised that his dog had
nature of our planet.
6. This may hurt economic growth saved his baby.
Q. Marine life is a vast resource.
and reforms. (1) SRPQ (2) QRPS
R. Shorelines are also shaped and
(1) SQRP 2) PQRS (3) QSPR (4) PQRS
protected by marine life.
(3) PRSQ 4) RSQP 410. 1. In summer tiny oysters are
S. Marine organisms contribute collected.
significantly to the oxygen cycle. 406. 1. The bi ggest vi ll ai n i n
Deadwood has always been one P. Then each oyster is taken out
6. Marine biology covers a great and a small hole is drilled in its
deal, from the microscopic to the thing: Fire.
huge whales. P. In less than an hour the flames
were leaping through the tree- Q. There they are kept for three
(1) PSRQ (2) QPSR years.
(3) RPSQ (4) SPQR tops.
Q. In our own times, a great fire R. A tiny piece of sand is put inside
403. 1. Suddenly the man heard the the oyster.
low hum of an engine. threatened the town yet again.