ARRANGEMENT OF SENTENCES
328. 1. Nicolas Chauvin, R. based on the theory that ill- P. The difference between
P. he became the laughing ness may be caused by the words like ‘hard’ and ‘diffi-
stock of all Europe thereaf- undue pressure cult’ goes unnoticed.
ter S. devised a drugless technique Q. One may employ one or oth-
Q. a soldier of French empire of curing diseases er with complete indiffer-
so vociferously and uneas- 6. of displaced bones on nerves ence.
ingly and blood vessels. R. In general this is well and
R. and this exaggerated and bla- good.
(1) QSPR (2) RPSQ
tant patriot was S. Most people lack the linguis-
(3) RQSP (4) QRSP
S. aired his veneration of Napo- tic sense to quibble over
332. 1. Few men can exert the full such trifles.
leon Bonaparte that
power of their intellect
6. known as a chauvinist. 6. But for most of us it is of no
P. and of course the injury done
(1) QSPR (2) PRQS less significance.
to the health
(3) RQSP (4) SRPQ Q. at the time when nature pre- (1) PQRS (2) SRQP
329. 1. Alternative medicine is, by scribes sleep (3) QRSP (4) PRSQ
definition, an alternative to 336. 1. It is surprising to note that
R. must in the long run have a
modern, western medicine. P. AIDS and SARS may hog
P. Rather, they consider their news headlines
S. without ruining their health
disciplines as supplementa- Q. that kill the most
ry to orthodox medicine. R. but it is heart attacks
Q. The problem is that many 6. on the quality of work done.
S. people in India every year.
doctors refuse to recognize (1) QSPR (2) SQPR
6. This is something to be not-
alternative medicine. (3) SQRP (4) SRQP
R. But the term ‘alternative’ can ed
333. 1. Derozio was a very bright
be misleading. student who often stood first (1) RQSP (2) RPSQ
S. Few practitioners of homeop- in English and other sub- (3) PRQS (4) SQPR
athy, ayurveda etc. regard jects and got gold medals. 337. 1. The new government was
their therapies as substitutes P. Derazio was a brilliant teach- formed.
for modern medicine. er. P. Now an administrator runs
6. However, the demand for al- Q. Students had great respect the show.
ternative forms of medical for this young teacher. Q. The secretary has now an-
therapy is stronger than ever nounced a change of inten-
R. He became a teacher of Hin-
du college (now presidency
(1) SRPQ (2) QPSR University) in the year 1826. R. Then the earlier board was
(3) PQRS (4) RSPQ disbanded.
S. He was 17 years old then
330. 1. Small is big for quick service and some of his students S. They plan to hand down the
restaurants. were even older than him. cooperative to some private
P. Raising product prices may player.
6. Some students of seni or
not fare well now. 6. Thus the State transport min-
classes also came to attend
Q. Companies are luring con- ister plans to revive the wa-
sumers by introducing “af- ter transportation system
fordable” products. (1) QPSR (2) PQRS
(1) RPQS (2) PQSR
R. They are also shedding their (3) SRQP (4) RSPQ (3) QSPR (4) SPQR
“niche image”. 334. 1. Shark fin soup is one of the 338. 1. The government on Thursday
S. Companies admit that sales cruelest dishes in the world. P. which was imposed to check
are lower compared to the P. Then they are thrown back Q. that led to exodus of north-
previous year. into the water. east people
6. Companies are focusing on Q. The poor sharks are trapped. R. withdrew the ban on bulk
small packs to boost volume R. They usually bleed to death SMS and MMS
growth. or drown. S. the spread of rumours relat-
(1) SPQR (2) PRQS S. Their fins are sliced off. ed to the violence in Assam
(3) QSPR (4) PQRS 6. As many as 73 million 6. from Bangalore, Chennai,
331. 1. This practitioner is a member sharks meet this fate every Mumbai and Pune.
of year. (1) RPSQ (2) QSPR
P. by massage and other manip- (1) QSPR (2) RSQP (3) QPSR (4) RPQS
ulative procedures a tech- 339. 1. Trees have many uses.
(3) QSRP (4) SQPR
335. 1. It is not uncommon for close P. They give us fruit, wood,
Q. the profession that originated synonyms to be understood gum, oil, medicines and spic-
in 1874 when Andrew T. still es.
to share the same memory.