ARRANGEMENT OF SENTENCES
(1) SQRP (2) RQSP P. Jane Golden started a pro- (1) PRQS (2) RQPS
(3) PQRS (4) QPSR gramme pairing troubl ed (3) QPSR (4) SQRP
250. 1. The Olympic games started in youths with artists to paint 256. 1. A devastating earthquake
Greece 2000 years back. murals. struck Maharashtra and parts
P. They were held in Athens. Q. Young people got involved in of Karnataka.
Q. The modern Olympics was res- creating magnificent pieces of P. The communication network
urrected by a Frenchman, art. cut off the quake hit villages
Pierre de Coubertin. R. The benefit could immediately from the rest of the world.
R. Danny Boyle’s show triumphed be discovered. Q. The quake measured 6.6 on
over the Beijing Olympic Open- S. The young people became more the Richter scale.
ing Ceremony. responsible. R. Ten thousand people were
S. The 2012 Olympics venue was 6. As a result, the mural pro- killed and an equal number
London. gramme became a model for of people were injured.
6. The Queen played a surprising other US cities seeking to S. 40 villages of Maharashtra
but much appreciated role in help troubled youth. were destroyed completely.
it. (1) PRQS (2) PQRS 6. 10 medical teams of the
(1) PRSQ (2) QSRP (3) SPQR (4) QRPS Army were sent from Mum-
(3) RQSP (4) PQSR 254. 1. According to Greek mythol- bai to the devastated zone.
251. 1. Abanidranath Tagore was the ogy, Atlas was a Titan of (1) SPQR (2) SQPR
leading painter of Bengal. enormous strength. (3) QRSP (4) PQSR
P. He tried to modernise Mughal P. Zeus ordered Atlas to carry 257. 1. Child labourers are pos-
and Rajput styles to offset their the earth and sky for all eter- ing a grave problem be-
influence. nity. fore India.
Q. He countered the British Raj Q. Because of his association P. Children are paid low wages
through his paintings. with the globe, maps be- and the heinous opportun-
R. He succeeded and his style was gan to be decorated with this ism of employers leads to the
accepted as a natural Indian style. image of Atlas. employment of children.
S. During his time western model of R. Atl as i s shown as a Q. The government is indiffer-
art was taught in the schools. stooped figure carrying the ent to this problem and com-
6. Above all this great painter was globe on his shoulders. mon people lack awareness
a nephew of Rabindranath S. Finally, the word ‘atlas’ came in guarding against this so-
Tagore. to denote a collection of cial crime.
(1) QPSR (2) SPQR maps. R. It is the extreme poverty of
(3) RPSQ (4) QSPR 6. Today an ‘atlas’ refers to any parents that leads children
252. 1. The highway bypass would book that consists of sever- to earn at a minor age.
have disastrous effects on al maps. S. The illiteracy of parents is
the area’s home owners. (1) PQRS (2) PRQS also responsible for this evil.
P. Finally the new road (3) QRPS (4) QSPR 6. For the solution of this prob-
would cause residential 255. 1. At the age of four, Jagadish lem we need a thorough eco-
properties to depreciate. Chandra Bose was sent to a nomic reform and the spread
Q. What is more, home owners village ‘Pathshala’. of literacy.
would have to deal with the P. This step proved beneficial (1) QPSR (2) PQSR
increased noise and pollu- to the boy, for he thus be- (3) QPRS (4) RSPQ
tion. came familiar with his moth- 258. 1. The main reason behind Glo-
R. This would increase vehicles er tongue and learnt to read bal Warming is the emission
in the neighbourhood. and write it. of greenhouse gases like car-
S. The new road would cut di- Q. This was very unusual be- bon dioxide and methane.
rectly through the middle of cause a man of his father’s P. The ozone layer of the earth
the subdivision. status was expected to send is depleted by cosmic re-
6. This means that families who his son to an English school. search resulting in the warm-
chose to move away would R. He also became acquainted ing of the atmosphere.
have to sell their homes for with some of the rich trea- Q. Burning of fuels in cars and
far less than their current sures of Indian culture. factories results in the emis-
value. S. He mixed with children of all sion of harmful gases in the
(1) SRQP (2) PQRS castes and lost the sense of air.
(3) SPQR (4) QRPS class superiority. R. Cosmic oriented research
253. 1. Other than Rome, Philadel- 6. His mother, too, reinforced work and test fire of atom
phia has maximum number what he learnt and did at bombs are also the causes
of murals. school. of Global Warming.