ARRANGEMENT OF SENTENCES
6. Sometimes we do n’t use last sentence/part of the passage are 6. flushes out virus particles.
words but make gestures (like numbered 1 and 6. The rest of the (1) RQPS (2) QPRS
traffic signs) or sim ple passage/sentences are split into four (3) SQPR (4) QRPS
movements of the hand in parts and named P, Q, R and S. These 225. 1. Miss Sullivan led Helen into
order to communicate. four parts are not given in their proper her room and gave her a doll.
(1) QPRS (2) PQRS order. Read the sentences and find out
P. Helen was simply making her
(3) PSQR (4) PRSQ which of the four combinations is
fingers go in monkey-like
218. 1. Sherlock Holmes is the correct. Then find the correct answer.
P. who is in a state of grace (SSC (10+2) Level Data Entry Operator
Q. Miss Sullivan tried to make
& LDC Exam. 27.10.2013, IInd Sitting)
Q. is raised to the status. Helen understand that ‘d-o-l-
222. 1. Science is concerned with l’ applied to both.
R. because in him scientific
finding out how things
curiosity R. Miss Sullivan spelled the
S. exceptional individual word ‘d-o-l-l’ on to Helen’s
P. He showed that a light object hand.
6. of a heroic passion. falls to the ground at the
(1) SRQP (2) SPRQ S. Miss Sullivan put her big rag
same rate as a heavy object.
(3) RPSQ (4) PRQS doll into her lap and also
Q. It does not mean laying down spelled ‘d-o-l-l’.
219. 1. The goals of our present principles as to how they
system 6. Her teacher had been with
ought to happen.
her several weeks before
P. schooling is to prepare R. This did not agree with the Helen understood that
Q. students for the examination views of most learned men of everything has a name.
system that time.
(1) SRPQ (2) QPSR
R. which will take them to the S. The most famous example of
(3) RPSQ (4) PSQR
S. of primary and secondary this concerns Galileo’s
di scovery about fal li ng 226. 1. Marie chose to study Physics
6. best technical institutions in
bodies. P. that investigates the four
forces at work
(1) QPRS (2) PRQS 6. But Galileo proved his point
experimentally by dropping Q. in the universe
(3) PSQR (4) SPQR
weights from the Leaning R. which is a branch of science
220. 1. Egotism is the most common
Tower of Pisa. S. both on a large scale, as in
fault of mankind.
(1) PSQR (2) QSPR the solar system
P. However, with time it becomes
(3) RQPS (4) SQPR 6. or on a small scale, as in
an exaggerated form of self
223. 1. After inventing dynamite, atoms.
Alfred Nobel became a rich (1) RQPS (2) RPQS
Q. It is the product of a
perfectly natural desire to man. (3) PSRQ (4) SPRQ
display oneself. P. He created a fund just two 227. 1. A proposal has been made
R. This i s necessary as i t weeks before his death. P. tourists will continue to visit
impairs the personality and Q. Alfred did not want to be game parks
frustrates all efforts at self remembered as the inventor Q. to-trim the horns of rhinos to
improvement. of dynamite. discourage poachers
S. Beyond any shadow of doubt, R. He apprehended its R. and the question is whether
it is a defect that ought to be universally destructive power S. to see rhinos once the
constantly hunted down, and too late. animals’ horns
scotched. S. Prizes are given from this 6. have been trimmed.
6. One should always be on fund to people for their (1) RPQS (2) SQPR
gu ard not to give into enormous contributions to (3) QRPS (4) PRSQ
Directions (228-233) : In the
(1) PSRQ (2) PQRS 6. Nobel prizes for various following questions, the 1st and the
(3) QPSR (4) RSPQ disciplines are awarded each last sentences of the passage are
221. 1. When the Impressionists year on the anniversary of his numbered 1 and 6. The rest of the
death. passage/sentences is (are) split into
P. they made them look like
(1) PQRS (2) RQPS four parts and named P, Q, R and S.
Q. everyday and often putting
(3) QPSR (4) SPQR These four parts are not given in their
R. people you would see
224. 1. The pungent vapour that is proper order. Read the passage/
S. painted pictures of people
released sentences and find out which of the
6. more emphasis on the scene.
P. which make our eyes stream four combinations is correct. Then find
(1) SRQP (2) PRQS the correct answer.
and nose run,
(3) SPRQ (4) RQPS (SSC (10+2) Level Data Entry
Q. contains irritant chemicals
Directions (222-227) : In the Operator & LDC Exam.
R. when we chop onions
following questions, the 1st and the 10.11.2013, Ist Sitting)
S. eases congestion as well as