ARRANGEMENT OF SENTENCES
180. 1. In ancient times a King (1) RQSP (2) SQPR S. And stare as long as sheep
named Sagar performed (3) PQRS (4) RPQS or cows
the‘Ashwamedha Yagna’. 184. 1. Albert Edward had never 6. Where squirrels hide their
P. No one could capture the liked the new vicar. nuts in grass.
horse. P. He wasn’t the type of man (1) QPSR (2) QSPR
Q. Many tried to capture the they wanted, with a classy (3) RSPQ (4) SPRQ
horse. congregation. 188. 1. Louis Washkansky was a 56
R. As per rules a splendid horse Q. And now, he straightened year old South African.
was let loose and allowed to himself a little. P. He had a damaged heart.
wander. R. He knew his value. Q. A team of doctors led by Dr.
S. Those who tried had to fight S. He’d said from the beginning C. Barnard was formed.
Sagar’s warriors. that they had made a mis- R. He could not be cured.
6. Thus Sagar’s fame spread take. S. So the doctors decided to
far and wide. 6. He wasn’t going to allow him- give him a new heart.
(1) RSPQ (2) RQPS self to be put upon. 6. The team conducted the op-
(3) RQSP (4) QPRS (1) PSQR (2) QRPS eration.
181. 1. The bee has no sense of pro- (3) SPQR (4) SRPQ (1) QSRP (2) RPSQ
portion. 185. 1. Jai Hai is a hand-ball type (3) SQPR (4) PRSQ
P. It goes about collecting hon- game.
189. 1. Bhima reached the Rak-
ey. P. In fact, this game orginated shasa’s den.
Q. It has never learnt to spend. in the Basque region of
P. He was a monster with red
R. As though starvation was Spain.
hair and a red beard.
staring it at its face. Q. And in Florida it is legal to
Q. He climbed down from the
S. Even with stocks sufficient place bets on the players of
for 20 generations. Jai Hai.
R. At once he sat down to eat
6. And that is how God has R. It is one of the fastest-mov-
ing ball games.
made them, S. The Rakshasa saw him.
S. Although played quite well in
(1) PRQS (2) RSQP 6. When he saw what Bhima
Florida & Latin America, it
(3) QSPR (4) QRPS is not an American game. was doing, he roared.
182 1. Snakes are the most feared 6. Sports experts agree that Jai (1) PQRS (2) RQPS
of all reptiles. Hai requires more skill, (3) QRSP (4) QPSR
P. Superstition and ignorance speed, endurance and nerve 190. 1. His son fell into bad compa-
prevents proper treatment. than any other game. ny of village boys.
Q. It is also beneficial to man. (1) PSRQ (2) PSQR P. The father wanted to wean
R. Snake is not a source of fear (3) SRPQ (4) SPRQ his son from bad company.
and harm. 186. 1. Proud Little Astronomer sees Q. A few days later all bananas
S. Many people are killed by a huge dragon in the moon. got spoiled.
snakes in India and all over P. Big Astronomer calls him and R. His father was much worried
the world. shows him the fly. about his son’s bad compa-
6. Medicines are made from its Q. He runs to the Big Astrono- ny.
poison. mer and calls him home. S. To give a lesson to the son,
(1) PRSQ (2) QRSP R. He is very excited and re- his father gave him a few
(3) SPRQ (4) SRQP members his rival Big As- good bananas with a rotten
183. 1. Computers have infiltrated
into all aspects of life. S. Big Astronomer agrees and 6. The boy understood the de-
later discovers a fly in the sired lesson his father want-
P. This shows that the comput-
telescope lens. ed to give him.
er has become all-powerful.
6. Little Astronomer is shame- (1) RPSQ (2) SQPR
Q. So, it is with many other
faced and becomes humble. (3) PSQR (4) QSPR
things where computers are
indispensable. (1) RQSP (2) PQRS Directions (191-195) : In the
(3) RSPQ (4) QPSR following questions, the 1st and the
R. City traffic, airline booking
last sentence of the passage are
and air-traffic are all comput- 187. 1. What is this life it, full of
numbered 1 and 6. The rest of the
passage is split into four parts and
S. In such a situation, comput- P. No time to stand beneath the
named P, Q, R and S. These four parts
er breakdown means the boughs
are not given in their proper order.
breakdown of the system it Q. We have no time to stand and
Read the sentences and find out which
of the four combinations is correct.
6. Such is our dependence on R. No time to see, when woods (SSC FCI Assistant Grade-III Main
it. we pass Exam. 07.04.2013)