ARRANGEMENT OF SENTENCES
or to action and whose mind S. It is not one island but a hun- 130. 1. Some say that failure is like
has ceased to roam restlessly. dred islands. toxic waste.
(1) SRQP (2) RQPS 6. This is because Venice has P. I see failure more as a fertil-
(3) QRSP (4) PRSQ no streets. izer.
125. 1. This was an important day for (1) SRPQ (2) PSRQ Q. Thinking about it pollutes and
Al at took. (3) RQPS (4) QSRP undermines the attitudes
P. It was a cold day, but Alatook 128. 1. One of the most terrib le needed for success.
would be warm. battles of the American Civil R. The seeds of success must
Q. For the first time he was go- War was fought in July 1863, be planted afresh.
ing to hunt seals alone. at Gettysburg. S. It can be used to enrich the
R. First he put on his fur-lined P. The chief speech on that oc- soil of your mind.
jacket. casion was given by Edward 6. Turning failure into a fertil-
S. Then he put on mittens and Everett, a celebrated orator. izer is accomplished by us-
boots of deerskin to protect Q. Lincoln was asked to make a ing your errors as steps in
his hands and feet from the few remarks. learning.
cold. R. In November of that year a (1) SRQP (2) PQSR
6. Finally he picked up the gun portion of the battlefield was (3) SPQR (4) QPSR
he had cleaned so carefully dedicated as a final resting Directions (131-135) : In the fol-
the day before. place for men of both armies lowing questions, the 1st and the last
(1) PQRS (2) QPRS who died there. sentence of the passage are numbered
(3) PRSQ (4) QRPS S. Everett’s speech lasted 2 1 and 6. The rest of the passage is
hours. Lincoln’s for 2 min- split into four parts and named P, Q,
Directions (126– 130) : In the
utes; it was over almost be- R and S. These four parts are not given
following questions, the 1st and the
fore the crowd realized that in their proper order. Read the sen-
last sentence of the passage are num-
it had begun. tence and find out which of the four
bered 1 and 6. The rest of the pas-
6. But the Gettysburg speech is combinations is correct. Then find the
sage is split into four parts and named
now one of the world’s im- correct answer.
P, Q, R and S. These four parts are
not given in their proper order. Read mortal pieces of literature. (SSC (South Zone) Investigators
(1) SQRP (2) RPQS Exam. 12.09.2010)
the sentences and find out which of
the four combinations is correct. Then (3) PQRS (4) QPSR 131. 1. Today, the earth has many
find the correct answer. satellites besides the moon.
129. 1. The teacher training agency
(SSC Combined Graduate Level Tier-I in England hopes to make P. But the pull of the earth
Exam. 16.05.2010 (IInd Sitting) teaching one of the top three keeps them from doing so.
126. 1. The most vulnerable section professions. Q. The artificial satellites do not
of the society are the stu- P. They have also demanded fall because they are going
dents. that the campaign should be too fast to do so.
P. Revolutionary and new matched by improved pay R. They are the artificial satel-
fledged ideas have a great scales, work load and morale lites made by man and very
appeal to them. so as to avoid recruitment much smaller than the moon.
Q. Agitations may be non-violent problems with an aim to raise S. As they speed along they tend
methods of protest. the image of the teaching pro- to go straight off into space.
R. They cannot resist the charm fession. 6. As a result, they travel in an
of persuasion. Q. A series of advertisements are orbit round the earth.
S. They are to be taught that now being screened showing (1) QPSR (2) PRQS
without discipline they can- famous people speaking (3) SPQR (4) RQSP
not get proper education. about teachers they remem- 132. 1. Love is one of the earliest of
6. However if these become vio- ber and admire. human passions.
lent, the antisocial elements R. An amount of $100 million P. It is also one of the sweetest.
get encouraged and they put has been set aside to combat Q. Love should be directed to-
all proper working out of gear. the shortage of applicants for wards a worthy object.
(1) PRSQ (2) RSQP teacher training. R. But, like all strong passions
(3) SRPQ (4) RPQS S. Teacher Unions have wel- it may, if not well regulated
comed this campaign. and controlled, lead us into
127. 1. Venice is a strange city.
6. It is high time for the Indian misery.
P. There are about 400 odd
Government also to think on S. Or it will prove in the end a
bridges connecting the is-
similar lines and take steps source of bitterness.
lands of Venice.
to lift up the sinking morale 6. Love, moreover, looks for-
Q. There are no motor cars, no of the teaching profession. ward to reciprocation.
horses and no buses there.
(1) QRPS (2) RPSQ (1) RQPS (2) PRQS
R. These small islands are close
(3) RQSP (4) QPSR (3) PQSR (4) QRPS
to one another.