ARRANGEMENT OF SENTENCES
P. and though one has one’s 110. 1. Long, long, time ago (Q) A butterfly came and sat on
prevailing passion, P. who lived with his three the bunch of flowers – was
Q. for, men, in general are very wives painted by Shyam.
much alike Q. in a country called Kosala (R) And an ox tried to eat from
R. yet their operations are very R. there ruled a noble king the basket of apples – was
much the same S. and four sons painted by Sohan.
S. and another has another 6. beautiful, graceful and well (S) And the judge himself tried
6. and whatever engages or dis- versed in all shastras. to lift the curtain.
gusts, pleases or offends (1) PQRS (2) SPQR (6) So Ram got the prize.
you in others, will engage, (3) RQPS (4) QRSP (1) PSQR (2) PQRS
disgust, please or offend oth- (3) PSRQ (4) QRPS
Directions (111 – 115) : In the
ers in you. 114. (1) The farmer wanted to please
following questions, the first and the
(1) QPSR (2) PQRS last part of the sentences/passage are the men.
(3) RQPS (4) PRQS numbered (1) and (6). The rest of the (P) The poor donkey struggled
105. 1. Paucity of funds sentences/passage are (is) split into and kicked.
P. universities cannot make four parts and named (P), (Q), (R) and (Q) They tied his legs together
Q. essentials like books (S). These four parts are not given in and slung him on a pole.
R. sufficient expenditure on their proper order. Read the sentenc- (R) The farmer and his son put
S. ordains that the es/passage and find out which of the the ends of the pole on their
four combinations is correct. shoulders.
6. journals and equipment.
(SSC Tax Assistant (Income Tax & (S) He and his son got off the
(1) QPRS (2) SPRQ
Central Excise) Exam. 14.12.2008) donkey.
(3) PQRS (4) QSRP
111. (1) Einstein was a bad student. (6) They walked into the town
106. 1. The symptoms of
(P) He attended classes regular- carrying the donkey.
P. and certain other changes ly and took down careful
Q. what is popularly called (1) PQRS (2) SQRP
R. serious forgetfulness, confu- (3) RSQP (4) QSPR
(Q)His friend Marcel Grossman,
sion on the other hand, was an ir- 115. (1) The wife is
S. “serility” include reproachable student. (P) not the husband’s slave
6. in personality behaviour. (R) These notes he shared with (Q) but his companion and his
(1) QSRP (2) PQRS Einstein. help-mate
(3) SRQP (4) QPSR (S) He resented having to attend (R) and an equal partner
107. 1. When they heard the bell lectures. (S) in all his joys and sorrows
P. out of his clothes (6) If Einstein passed his exam- and is
Q. as quickly inations, it was only because (6) as free as the husband to
R. every boy scrambled of Grossman. choose her own path.
S. and got into bed (1) SQPR (2) QRPS (1) QRSP (2) PRQS
6. as possible (3) PSRQ (4) RSQP (3) QSRP (4) PQRS
(1) QRPS (2) PSQR 112. (1) Creating and modifying a Directions (116-120) : In the fol-
(3) RQSP (4) RPSQ school timetable is a complex lowing questions, the first and the last
task. part of the sentences are numbered 1
108. 1. Thirty years from now
and 6. The rest of the sentences are
P. and industry will be scarce (P) ‘TT Plus’ closely models the
split into four parts and named P, Q,
Q. almost half of the people real world timetable creation
R, and S. These four parts are not giv-
R. that water for drinki ng, tasks.
en in their proper order. Read the parts
farming (Q)So is the job of computerizing
and find out which of the four combi-
S. then living may find it.
nations is correct. Then find the cor-
6. according to a study by Dr. (R) All timetables can be viewed rect answer.
S. Posten. on the screen before they are
(SSC Tax Assistant (Income Tax &
actually printed. Central Excise) Exam. 29.03.2009)
(1) SPQR (2) SRPQ
(S) It has a comprehensive man-
(3) QSRP (4) QSPR 116. 1. I think the essence of wis-
ual and useful glossary of
109. 1. A good cry can be a dom is emancipation as far
P. bring relief from anxiety as possible, from the tyran-
(6) It relieves you of the anxiety ny of the here and the now.
Q. prevent a headache or to get it all right.
R. and it might even P. If any one could, he would
(1) QPSR (2) RPSQ hardly be able to remain
S. healthy way to
(3) SPRQ (4) PQSR alive.
6. other physical consequence
113. (1) Three painters competed for Q. But it is possible to make a
(1) SRQP (2) SRPQ a prize. continual approach towards
(3) SPRQ (4) SPQR (P) Ram painted a curtain. impartiality.