ARRANGEMENT OF SENTENCES
6. Mrs. M stood in the centre of 6. Nature, morever, binds the 89. (1) Ramani is a student of medi-
her bedroom looking at a ru- arbitrary limits of mind and cine.
ined copy of the Holy book, body; we are not free to do, (P) The hopes of millions of can-
forcing back her tears. by whatever effort, what is cer patients and doctors rest
(1) PQRS (2) PRQS beyond our capacity. on his research.
(3) SPRQ (4) RSQP (1) QRSP (2) RSPQ (Q) But, of late he has become a
82. 1. We do not know whether the (3) PQRS (4) SRQP drug addict.
machines are the masters or 85. 1. The student came late to the (R) He is doing research in can-
we are. school. cer.
P. They must be given or rather P. He went home weeping. (S) He has already done very
‘fed’ with coal and given petrol Q. The watchman didn’t allow useful work in this field, and
to drink from time to time. him inside the school. is hopeful of finding a solu-
Q. Already man spends most of tion to this disease.
R. The boy was waiting outside
his time looking after and for some time. (6) This addiction has been in-
waiting upon them. creasing day by day, and has
S. He then decided to go home.
R. Yet we have grown so depen- started affecting his work.
6. It was a bad day for him.
dent on them that they have (1) QPSR (2) RSPQ
(1) QSPR (2) QSRP
almost become the masters (3) SRPQ (4) RSQP
now. (3) QRSP (4) QPSR
90. (1) The internet has given
S. It is very true that they were Directions (86-90) : In the fol- (P) to keep in touch with friends
made for the sole purpose of lowing questions, the first and the last
(Q) and even allowed them
being man’s servants. part of the sentences/passage are
(R) students access to reams of
6. And if they don’t get their numbered (1) and (6). The rest of the
meals when they expect sentences/passage are (is) spilt into
(S) made it cheaper
them, they will just refuse to four parts and named (P), (Q), (R) and
(S). These four parts are not given in (6) to attend universities remotely
work. (1) RPSQ (2) RSPQ
their proper order. Read the parts and
(1) RSQP (2) RSPQ
find out which of the four combina- (3) SRPQ (4) PRSQ
(3) SPQR (4) SRQP tions is correct. Directions (91-100) : In the fol-
83. 1. The king of the oilfield is the (SSC Tax Assistant (Income Tax & lowing questions, the first and the last
driller. Central Excise) Exam. 25.11.2007) part of the sentences are numbered 1
P. During the process of drill- 86. (1) Superstition and and 6. The rest of the sentences are
ing, gas and oil may be met. (P) the supposed powers split into four parts and named P, Q, R
Q. He is a very skilled man. and S. These four parts are not given
(Q) thrive on
R. If this rushes out and catch- in their proper order. Read the parts
(R) magical practices and find out which of the four combi-
es fire it is dangerous.
(S) of dreams to nations is correct. Then find the cor-
S. Sometimes he sends his drill
(6) foretell the future. rect answer.
more than a mile.
(1) SPQR (2) PSQR (SSC Section Officer (Audit)
6. This danger is well-known
(3) RSQP (4) RQPS Exam. 10.12.2006)
and steps are taken to pre-
vent it. 87. (1) The stronger 91. 1. Early to bed, early to rise,
(1) PQRS (2) QSPR (P) the phosphor makes a man healthy,
wealthy and wise.
(3) QPRS (4) QSRP (Q) the more light
P. But for the morning tea, I had
84. 1. Freedom is first of all a per- (R) of electrons
to wait for someone to get up
sonal matter. (S) the beam before me.
P. A man who will not submit to (6) gives out. Q. This saying inspired me to
the discipline of his chosen (1) RPQS (2) SQRP rise early.
occupation is not free to be a (3) SRQP (4) RQPS R. That day I was the first to get
great surgeon, an engineer, up.
88. (1) There are thousands of us
or a golfer or an executive. S. One day I got up early in the
(P) former school and college
Q. Life imposes a drastic disci- morning.
pline on all living things, in- 6. One day I realised that it was
(Q) by some of our
cluding human beings. a waste of time to get up early
(R) at the careers chosen
R. We are free to eat poison or and wait for the morning tea.
jump off a tall building, but (S) who are surprised
(1) QSRP (2) QPRS
not to escape the consequenc- (6) and their success in these
(3) PQRS (4) SPQR
92. 1. A wood-cutter was cutting a
S. We are bound by the laws of (1) SRQP (2) RQSP
tree on a river bank.
cause and effect. (3) PQSR (4) SPQR P. He knelt down and prayed.