FILL IN THE BLANKS
Look at the sentences : 800. (3) For two events of the past, 810. (1) Structure of Future
l The author whom you criticized the event that happens earlier Imperfect:
in your review has written a should be expressed in Past Subject + will be/shall be +V-
reply. Perfect. ing
l I wonder who that letter was Hence, had just swallowed is Here, be travelling is the right
from. the right option. option.
Here, whom is the right option. 801. (3) 811. (3) without fail : unfailingly;
791. (1) (1) on time : not late ; at the without exception
(1) look down on somebody : correct time. Here, fail is the right option.
to think that you are better than Here, on is the right usage. 812. (4) give of f : to produ ce
somebody 802. (4) something such as a smell, heat
Look at the sentence : (1) assure (V.) : to guarantee; to light etc.
l She looks down on people who tell somebody that something is give away (Phr. V.) : make a
haven’t been to college. definitely going to happen. gift of
Hence, down is the right option. Here, assured is the right give over (Phr.V.) ; to tell
792. (2) Preposition-with should be option. somebody to sto p doing
used with agree here. 803. (1) something
Hence, agreed with is the right (1) insist (V.) : to demand give up (Phr.V.) : to stop trying
option. earnestly. to do something
793. (2) creep (V.) : to move slowly, insist (V.) agrees with on (Prep.) Here, gives off is the right
quietly and carefully. Hence, on is the right usage. option.
The sentence shows past time. 804. (3) Structure of Imperative 813. (1) Here, as long as is the right
Hence, crept is the right option. Sentence : option.
794. (1) The job was started in the Do/does + not + V1 (Infinitive 814. (3) Here, respectabl y is the
past and continues till present without to) right usage.
time. Hence, interrupt is the right (1) respectably (Adv.) :
Hence, Present Per fect usage. acceptably; no reason to be
Continuous should be used 805. (1) ashamed of ; fairly good.
here. 815. (1) Here, in is the right usage.
(1) run down (Phr. V.) : to lose
Hence, have been is the right power or stop wo rking; to lived in (Phr. V.) : settled in
option. gradually stop functioning. 816. (3) Here, grumbled at is the
795. (2) run short (Id.) : to become right option.
(1) me mor able (A dj. ) : scanty/insufficient in supply (1) g rum ble (a t) (V. ) : to
unforgettable, special, good or run past (Phr. V.) : to run near/ compl ain about somebod y/
unusual. alongside someone/something something in a bad-tempered
(2) mo m en t ous (A dj. ) : from one side to the other way.
historic; very important or run up (Phr. V.) : accumulate 817. (3) Here, V2 i.e, retired is the
serious. right option.
Here, run down is the right
Here, memorable is the right usage. 818. (4) at the top of his voice :
796. (4) Here, at the top of is the right
(1) attract (V.) : to interest
(1) im plemen tati on (N. ) : option.
carryi ng out ; enactment; 819. (4) Here, the art of is the right
execution; application. Here, attract is the right option.
Here, implementation is the 807. (4) For more than two things,
820. (1) Here, Comparative Degree
right option. among should be used.
will be used.
797. (2) may is used to express a Hence, among is the right usage.
Hence, faster is the right option.
wish. 808. (4)
Here, May is the right option. (1) look fo r : to hope for
(1) employ (V.) : to give somebody
798. (2) yet is used in Negative something
Sentences to talk abou t a job to do for payment.
Here, looking for is the right
something that has not option. Hence, employed is the right
Hence, yet is the right option 822. (1) altercation (N.) : a noisy
(1) take of f : to r emo ve
799. (3) argument or disagreement.
something especially a piece of
(1) fall back on somebody : to clothing from body. alteration (N.) : a change to
go to somebody for support Here, took off is the right something that makes it
Here, back on is the right option. option. different