FILL IN THE BLANKS
765. (4) Here, recommended; 775. (4) (4) dogging (V.) : go after with
the intent to catch
because is the right option. (1) consensus (N.) : an opinion
that all members of a group Here, dog-eared is the right
766. (4) Here, in is the right option. option.
767. (1) Here, consensus is the right 784. (2)
(2) emulate (V.) : to try to do option. (1) creati ve (Adj.) :
something as well as somebody having the skill and ability to
else because you admire them. produce something new by a
(1) cares (N.) : a feeling of worry work of art.
(1) conceited (Adj.) : having too
much pride in yourself and what Here, creative i s the ri ght
you do. Here, cares is the right option.
(3) penalize (V.) : impose a 777. (1)
penalty on; inflict punishment (1) catalyse (V.) : to make a
(1) insight (N.) : ability to see
on process happen faster.
and understand the truth about
(4) patronize (V.) : to treat (2) cackle (V.) : talk/utter in a a situation.
somebody in a way that seems cackling manner
friendly (2) uptight (Adj.) : anxious
(3) combat (V.) : battle/contend
and/or angry about something
Here, emulate is the right against in/as if in a battle
option. (3) folly (N.) : a lack of good
Here, cataly se is the right
768. (3) (1) pertinent (Adj.) : option judgement
appropriate to a particular 778. (4) 786. (4) genuine (Adj.) : true; not
situation; relevant. fake ; real ; authentic.
(1) proceed on leave : go on
Here, perodicals ; pertinent is leave Here, genuine is the right
the right option. option.
Here, proceeding is the right
769. (2) option. 787. (2)
(1) oust (V.) : to force somebody 779. (1) (1) comprehe nd (V.) : to
out of job or position of power. (1) nightmare : an experience understand something fully.
(2) disastrous (Adj.) : very bad, that is very frightening and
har mful or unsuccessful; (2) discern (V.) : detect with the
Here, nightmare is the right
Here, ousted; disastrous is the (3) acknowledge (V.) : report
the receipt of
right option. 780. (1) flabbergasted (Adj.) :
Here, comprehend is the right
770. (2) extremely surpri sed and/or
shocked; astonished. option.
(1) wasteful (Adj.) : using more
of something than is necessary; Here, flabbergasted is the right 788. (1)
not saving. option. (1) aston ishi ngly (Adv. ) :
Here, wasteful; increase is the 781. (3) amazingly ; surprisingly.
right option. (1) cannons (N.) : a generally Here, astonishingly is the right
771. (4) acknowledge (V.) : to accept accepted rule, standard or
that somethi ng is true; principle by which something is
recognise; to express thanks. judged. 789. (1)
Here, acknowledged; because 782. (2) (1) deferential (Adj.) : the
is the right option. (1) candour (N.) : the quality of behaviour that shows that you
saying what you think openly respect somebody/ something.
and honestly ; frankness. (2) disputatious (Adj.) :
(1) obscenely (Adj.) :
(2) candid (Adj.) : saying what inclined to dispute
you think openly and honestly; (3) impertinent (Adj.) : rude
(2) whine (V.) : to complain in
not hiding your thoughts and not showing respect for
an annoying, crying voice.
Here, candour is the right somebody who is older/more
Here, obscenely; whines is the
783. (4) (4) insolent (Adj.) : extremely
773. (4) expel (V.) : to officially make (1) dog-eared (Adj.) : used so rude and showing a lack of
somebody leave an organisation. much that the corners of many respect
Here, expelled is the right of the pages are turned down. Here, deferential is the right
option. (2) dog face (N.) : A US Army option.
774. (3) generous (Adj.) : giving or foot soldier (World War II) 790. (1) whom (Pro.) is used instead
willing to give freely; given freely. (3) dog leg (N.) : a sharp bend of who as the Object of a Verb/
generous is the right option. (road or golf course) Prep.