FILL IN THE BLANKS
514. (3) Here, has run off is the right 528. (2) litter (Noun) : a number of Look at the sentence :
usage. baby animals that one mother l Only later did she realise her
run off with something (Idiom) : gives birth to at the same time. mistake.
to steal something and take it Here, litter is the right usage. Here, realised is the right usage.
away 529. (2) take after (Phr. V.) : to look 543. (2) unless : used to say that
515. (2) fatally (Adv.) : causing or or behave like an older member something can only happen or
ending in death of your family, especially your be true in a particular situation.
Here, fatally is the right usage. mother or father Here, unless is the right usage.
516. (3) Here, endowed (Verb) is the Here, takes after is the right 544. (2) If a since Clause implies
right usage. usage. time, it must contain a Verb in
be endowed with something 530. (1) Here, against (Prep.) is the Past Tense.
(Phr. V.) : to naturally have a right usage. Here, met is the right usage.
particular feature, quality, etc. guard against (Phr. V.) : to take 545. (4) Typical agrees with Prepo-
517. (4) leave behind (Phr. V.) : to care to avoi d something or sition-of.
have family remaining after your someone Look at the sentence :
death 531. (1) Here, shines is the right l This meal is typical of local
Here, behind is the right usage. usage. cookery.
518. (3) Here, stands as is the right 532. (1) irreparable (Adj.) : too bad Here, of is the right usage.
usage. or too serious to repair or put 546. (3) at (Prep.) is used for desig-
519. (3) Here, as well as of a is the right nating specific times.
right usage. Here, irreparable is the right as in —
520. (4) prejudices (Noun) : unreason- usage. The train is due at 12 : 15 P.M.
able dislike of or preferences for 533. (3) Here, had shifted is the right Here, at is the right usage.
a person, group, custom, etc. usage.
547. (1) laugh at (Phr.V.) : to make
Here, prejudices is the right 534. (1) Here, with (Prep.) is the right
somebo dy/something seem
stupid/not serious by making
521. (1) averted (Verb) : tur ned remonstrate (Verb) : to disagree
jokes about him/it
away; prevented; kept from and argue or complain about
Here, at is the right usage.
548. (4) cope with something : to
controlled (Verb) : restrained or 535. (3) Here, his (Possessive Case)
deal successfully with some-
managed or kept within certain is the right usage.
bounds thing difficult; manage.
536. (1) Here, for (Prep.) is the right
restrained (Adj.) : kept under usage. Here, with is the right usage.
control 537. (3) woolly : covered with wool 549. (2) dispose of somebody/some-
Here, averted is the right usage. or with hair-like wool. thing : to get rid of somebody/
522. (2) slow an d steady is a woollen : made of wool. something that you do not want.
Singular Subject. Sim ple Here, woolly is the right usage. Here, of is the right usage.
Present Tense is used when we 538. (4) unappetizing : unpleasant 550. (4) The event is of Past time.
talk about a Universal Truth. to eat. Here, Past Simple-reached
Here, wins is the right usage. Here, unappetizing is the right Here, reached is the right usage.
523. (3) Here, grew (Simple Past usage. 551. (1) Shine Þ Shone Þ Shone
Tense) is the right usage. 539. (1) trust (Uncoun table N.) shine : to be bright
524. (4) carry somebody through agrees with in (Prep.) Look at the sentence :
(Phr. V.) : to help somebody to we trust (in) somebody/ l The sun shone brightly in a
survive a difficult period. something cloudless sky.
Here, thro ugh i s the ri ght Here, in is the right usage. Here, shone is the right usage.
usage. 540. (2) let off (Phr. V.) : to not 552. (2) Here, went-Sim ple Past
525. (1) generally (Adv.) : in most punish somebody for something Tense is the right usage.
cases they have done wrong 553. (2) Here, has is the right usage.
rarely (Adv.) : not very often let out (Phr. V.) : to come to an 554. (4) during : all through a period
Here, generally is the right end, so that it may be time for of time.
usage. people to leave (classes, movies,
Here, during is the right usage.
526. (2) come what may (Idiom) : meetings, etc.)
555. (4) by the dozen : in large
despite any probl ems o r let on (Phr. V.) : to tell a secret
difficulties you may have Here, let off is the right usage.
Here, by is the right usage.
Here, may is the right usage. 541. (1) For Countable Nouns, as
556. (4) Here, prohibited is the right
527. (2) Here, on raising is the right many as should be used.
usage. Here, As many as is the right
insist (Verb) : to demand that propagated (V.) : to spread an
somethi ng happens or that idea, a belief or a piece of
542. (4) realise : to understand or
somebody agrees to do information among many people
become aware of a particular
something encapsulated (V.) : to express
fact or situation.
the most important parts of