FILL IN THE BLANKS
444. (2) sprained (Verb) : injured a beneath (Prep.) : in or to a lower 468. (4) Here, when; which (Rel.
joint in your body, by suddenly position from somebody or Pro.) is the right usage.
twisting it. something 469. (2) free (Adj.) : costing nothing
Here, sprained is the right usage. Here, in is the right usage. Here, free is the right usage.
445. (3) Here, attractions (Noun) is 461. (4) fortunate (Adj.) used 470. (4) bouquet (Noun) : a bunch
the right usage. differently : of fl ow ers arranged in an
446. (1) Here, with (Prep.) is the right l I have been fortunate enough to attractive way
usage. visit many parts of the world. Here, bouquet is the right usage.
447. (1) even though (Idiom) : l I was fortunate in having a good 471. (3) Pr inc ipal (N oun ) : th e
despite the fact or belief that ; teacher. person who is in charge of a
no matter whether l It was very fortunate for him that school, college or a university
Here, even though is the right I arrived on time. principles (Noun) : moral rules
usage. Here, in is the right usage. or a strong bel iefs that
448. (3) Here, permanent is the right influences your actions
462. (4) glutton (Noun) : a person who
usage. Here, Principal, principles is
eats too much
gypsy (Noun) : a member of a the right usage.
digester (Noun) : one that digests
group of people, originally from 472. (2) pragmatic (Adj.) : solving
makes a di gest ( a pi ece of
Asia, who travel around and do problems in a practical and
don’t live in one place. sensible way rather than by
Here, glutton is the right usage.
449. (3) Here, because (Conj.) is the having fixed ideas or theories
right usage. 463. (4) disappointed (Verb) agrees
idealistic (Adj.) : having a
It shows reason. with Prep. with
strong belief in perfect standards
450. (2) Here, Comp. Deg. (faster) is Here, with is the right usage. and trying to achieve them,
the right usage. 464. (4) The structure of the sentence even when this is not realistic
451. (2) marry off (Phr. V.) : to find (Interrogative, Present Contin- Here, pragmatic is the right
a husband or wife for somebody, uous) is as follows : usage.
especially your daughter or son Is/Am/Are + Subject +V-ing? 473. (3) Here, an, a, the (Art.) is the
Here, off is the right usage. Here, are you cooking, smells right usage.
452. (3) Present Past Past Participle is the right usage. 474. (4) At first sight (Idio m) :
fly flew (have) flown 465. (4) a li ttle (Adv.) : a small immediately; at first glance;
Here, flown is the right usage. amo unt; some : used with when you first begin to consider
453. (3) Here, haven"t they is the Uncountable Nouns something; when you see
right usage. little (Adj.) : not much somebody or something for the
454. (3) Here, with (Prep.) is the Used with Uncountable Nouns first time
right usage. few (Adj.) : not many Here, At first sight is the right
455. (2) Here, with (Prep.) is the Used with Plural Nouns and a usage.
right usage. Plural Verb 475. (2) Here of (Prep.) is the right
go with (Phr. V.) : match a few (Adv. Adj) : a small usage.
456. (4) Here, to (Prep.) is the right num ber ; some; use d wi th 476. (2) having been denotes a
usage. Plural Noun and a Plural Verb completed activity. It shows y
457. (1) derogatory (Adj.) : insulting; Here, a little, little is the right happened after x has happened.
expressing a low opinion of usage. Here, having been completed
somebody or something 466. (2) Here, at (Prep.) is the right is the right usage.
Here, derogatory is the right usage. 477. (1) shot up (Phr. V.) : rose
usage. at (Prep.) is used for specific suddenly by a large amount
458. (4) declared (Verb) : to say or state addresses. Here, shot up is the right usage.
in an official or public way; to 467. (4) egotist (Noun) : a selfish, 478. (2) devoid of (Adj.) : completely
say in a strong and confident self–centred person lacking in something
way egoist (Noun) : a person who Here, devoid of is the right
Here, declared is the right thinks that he or she is better usage.
usage. than other people and who 479. (1) utilised (Verb) : used some-
459. (4) ought to (Mod. V.) : used for thinks and talks too much thing, especially for a practical
saying what is the right thing about himself or herself purpose
to do po ser (N oun ) : a di f f i c ul t flabbergasted (Verb) : extremely
Here, ought to is the right usage. question or problem surprised and/or shocked
460. (3) in (Prep.) : at a point within misanthrope (Noun) : a person Here, utilized is the right usage.
an area or a space who hates and avoids other 480. (2) dilly–daily (Verb) : to take
below (Prep.) : at or to a lower people too long to do something
level than somebody or Here, egotist, egoist is the right Here, dilly-daily is the right
something usage. usage.