FILL IN THE BLANKS
301. (1) speak of (Phr. V.) : to be purchased a ............. 331. (1) Here, of (Prep.) is the right
evident that something exists or ̄ usage.
is present Past Participle 332. (1) speak of (Phr. V.) : to speak
speak for (Phr. V.) : to state the Here, would have purchased is about someone or something
views or wishes of a person or a the right usage. speak about (Phr. V.) : to mention
group 315. (2) reappear (Verb) : to appear or discuss someone or something
Here, speak of is the right usage. again Here, of is the right usage.
302. (4) bring out (Phr. V.) : to make Here, reappear is the right 333. (2) gregarious (Adj.) : sociable;
something appear usage. liking to be with other people
bring about (Phr. V.) : to make 316. (2) make way (Idiom) : to allow Here, gregarious is the right
something happen; cause somebody/something to pass usage.
Here, bring out is the right usage. Here, way is the right usage. 334. (4) submit (Verb) agrees with to
303. (2) Here, for (Prep.) is the right 317. (4) put off (Phr. V.) : postpone; (Prep.)
usage. to change something to a later Here, to is the right usage.
304. (4) Past Perfect Tense (had time or date 335. (1) assure (Verb) agrees with of
asked) is the right usage. Here, put off is the right usage. (Prep.)
305. (2) take advantage of (Idiom) : 318. (3) Here, had finished (Past Here, of is the right usage.
achi eve a sel fish goal by Perfect Tense) is the right 336. (1) sullen (Adj.) : bad – tempered
exploiting ; profit selfishly by usage. and not speaking
Here, advantage is the right 319. (3) too precedes an Adverb
elated (Adj.) : very happy and
306. (3) Here, of (Prep.) is the right Here, too is the right usage.
Here, sullen is the right usage.
usage. 320. (2) common (Adj) : shared by
or belonging to two or more 337. (3) explicit (Adj.) : clear and
307. (3) clear up (Phr. V.) : to make
people or by the people in a group easy to understand
something mo re clear; to
Here, common is the right usage. expletive (Noue) : a word,
321. (3) good at something : able to especially a rude word, that you
Here, cleared up is the right
do something well use when you are angry, or in
Here, at is the right usage. pain
308. (3) some is used in Positive
322. (4) Here, energetic (Adj) is the implicate (Verb) : to show or
right usage. suggest
Here, some advice is the right
323. (2) Here, of; in (Prep) is the implicit (Adj.) : suggested
right usage. without being directly expressed.
309. (4) Here, by (Prep.) is the right
usage. 324. (3) Here, in (Prep.) is the right Here, explicit is the right usage.
usage. 338. (2) Here, out on is the right usage.
310. (4) The sentence expresses a
conti nuo us Action in the 325. (2) Here, are manufactured 339. (4) draft (No un) : a rough
Present Time. Hence, is being Plural–Passive Voice is the written version of something
is the right usage. right usage. that is not yet in its final form
326. (4) statio nery (Noun) : Here, draft is the right usage.
311. (2) take advantage of (Idiom) :
materials (such as paper, pencil, 340. (3) commensurate (Adjective):
to make use of an opportunity
pen, etc.) that are used for matching something in size,
Here, take is the right usage.
writing or typing
312. (3) turn out to be (Idiom) : to importance, quality, etc.
stationary (Adj) : not moving;
be discovered to be Here, with is the right usage.
staying in one place or position
Here, turned out is the right Here, stationary is the right 341. (3) care about (Phr. V.) : to feel
usage. usage. that something is important and
313. (2) myth (Noun) : something worth worrying about
327. (3) much (Det; Pro.) : used with
that many people believe but Uncountable Nouns, Questions Here, about is the right usage.
that does not exist or is false and Negative Sentences. 342. (4) neither (Adv.) : used for
lie (Noun, Verb) : to say or write Here, much is the right usage. showing that a negative state-
something that you know is not 328. (4) Here, far is the right usage. ment is also true of somebody/
true; a statement mad e by 329. (2) whose (Det. Pro.) : used for something else
somebody knowing that it is not showing which person or thing Here, neither is the right usage.
true you are talking about 343. (4) Passive Voice will be used.
Here, myth is the right usage. Here, whose is the right usage. Hence, would be given is the
314. (3) The structure of the 330. (3) root out (Phr. V.) : to find right usage.
sentence will be as follows : out the thing that is causing a 344. (3) whose (Det., Pro.) : used for
Had I saved money, I would have problem and remove or get rid saying which person or thing
̄ ̄ ̄ of it. you mean
Past Perfect Tense would have Here, rooted is the right usage. Here, whose is the right usage.