FILL IN THE BLANKS
209. (1) call it a day (Idiom) : to decide 222. (3) hampered (Verb) : hindered; 236. (2) Singular Verb is used when
or agree to stop doing something. prevented from doing something; two Nouns are joined by and
Here, call it is the right usage. made it difficult for somebody and come after each.
210. (2) cement (Noun) is the right to do something Here, has is the right usage.
usage. obstructed (Verb) : blocked a 237. (3) Here, pets are allowed is the
211. (1) come about (Idiom) : to road, an entrance, a passage, right usage.
happen etc. so that somebody may not 238. (2) chef (Noun) : a professional
Here, about is the right usage. get through, see past, etc. cook in a restaurant
212. (2) too (Adv.) : used before Here, hampered is the right usage. Here, what to prepare for the
Adjective and Adverbs to say 223. (2) besides (Prep.) : in addition to important dinner is the right
that something is more than is Here, besides is the right usage. usage.
good, necessary, possible, etc. 224. (4) tainted (Verb) : damaged or 239. (2) Prep.-for is the right usage.
too + Adj + to (gives a negative spoilt the quality of something 240. (1) stress (Verb) : to emphasize
sense) or the opinion that people have a fact, an idea, etc.
Here, too is the right usage. of somebody/something Here, stressing is the right usage.
213. (2) Future Progressive Tense- Here, tainted is the right usage. 241. (2) usher (Noun) : a person who
will you be needing is the right 225. (3) Here, the best is the right shows people where to sit in a
usage. usage. church, public hall, etc.
It shows a polite enquiry. 226. (3) call on (Phr. V.) : to invite or Here, where to sit is the right
214. (4) Did is the right usage. ask somebody formally to speak; usage.
Structure of an Interrogative etc. 242. (1) wreck (Verb) : to damage; to
Sentence in Past Simple is as Here, on is the right usage. destroy
follows : 227. (3) many a (Det.) : a large Here, wrecked is the right usage.
Did + Subject + Verb + Object. number of used with a Singular 243. (2) discrepancy (No un) :
215. (2) Simple Past Tense-went is Noun and Verb difference between two or more
the right usage. Here, is is the right usage. things that should be the same
216. (4) a few (Det. Adj.) : used with 228. (1) The structure of the sentence Here, discrepancy is the right
Plural Nouns and a Plural Verb is as follows : usage.
to mean a small number; some The plane will take off when the 244. (1) get down (Phr. V.) : to begin
Here, a few is the right usage. ̄ ̄ to do something; to give serious
217. (3) In Subjunctive Mood, a attention to something
Simple Future Conj.
Singular Subject agrees with a Here, get down is the right usage.
Plural Verb. 245. (2) Inf. without to will be used.
Here, were is the right usage. Here, swim is the right usage.
218. (2) yet (Conj.) : despite what has 246. (2) Inf. without to will be used.
just been said; nevertheless; in Here, stops is the right usage.
Here, perform is the right usage.
spite of that 229. (2) Here, arrived; dead is the
247. (4) violation (Noun) : the act of
Here, yet is the right usage. right usage.
going against or refusing to obey
219. (2) aptitude (Noun) : a natural 230. (4) Age and experience work as a law
ability to do something or to a single unit like bread and
Here, violation is the right usage.
learn something butter, cup and saucer, etc.
248. (1) turn up for practice is the
attitude (Noun) : the way you Hence, Singular Verb is used
think and feel about someone or with it.
249. (1) reconcile (Verb) : to make
something Here, brings is the right usage.
oneself or another no longer
Here, aptitude is the right usage. 231. (2) When a starting place and a opposed
220. (4) for heaven"s sake (Idiom) : finishing place is mentioned,
with (Prep.) i s used wi th
used for emphasizing that it is Prep. from is used for reconcile
important to do something or expressing the beginning and to
Here, with is the right usage.
when you are annoyed about for the end.
250. (3) affect (Verb) : to have an
something Here, to is the right usage.
influence on somebody or
Here, heaven’s is the right usage. 232. (1) The sentence formation will something
221. (3) capitulated (Verb) : agreed be as follows : effect (Verb) : to achieve or
to do something that you had If + Simple Present, will–future produce
been refusing to do for a long Here, will have is the right usage. Here, affected is the right usage.
time; gave in; yielded 233. (1) Here, vision is the right usage. 251. (3) enclosed with : attached with
evaded (Verb) : escaped from 234. (3) Nominative case-he is the Here, enclosed with is the right
somebody right usage. usage.
Here, capitulated is the right 235. (4) Objective Case-whom is the 252. (1) Simple Present Tense-is is
usage. right usage. the right usage.