FILL IN THE BLANKS
90. (4) The situation is unreal and in exterior (Noun) : the outside of tenacious (Adj) : that does not
the Past, Past Perfect-had something stop holding something or give
worked has been used in the Here, ulterior is the right usage. up something easily;
Conditional Clause. So, would 99. (2) conscientious (Adj.) : taking determined
have + Verb would have scored care to do things carefully and persuasive (Adj) : able to make
is the right usage. correctly somebody believe something or
91. (2) Satisfy agrees with Prep.- Here, conscientious is the right do something
with. usage. Here, obdurate is the right
Here, with is the right usage. 100. (3) atone (Verb) : to act in a way usage.
92. (4) professional (Adj.) is the that shows you are sorry for 108. (3) fall back on (Phr. V.) : to go
right usage. doing something wrong in the to somebody for support
93. (1) As the Subject (Ram) is past. fall over (Phr. V.) : to suddenly
Singular, the Verb will also be atone takes the Preposition-for stop standing; to hang down
in Singular Here, for is the right usage. fall through (Phr. V.) % not to
along with (Phr.v.) : together
101. (3) We use get used to doing to be completed, or not to happen
talk about the process of fall off (Phr. V.) : to decrease in
It modifies the earlier word something becoming normal for
(Ram) which is Singular quantity or quality
us. Such expressions are Here, back on is the right usage.
Here, was watching is the right followed by Gerunds
usage. 109. (4) pitch (Verb) % to erect; set
Here, to driving is the right
94. (4) in connection with (Idiom): up a encamp
for reasons connected with grounded (Verb) : to place on
102. (4) The structure of the sentence
somebody or something the ground
is as follows:
with regard to (Idio m) : installed (Verb) : to place in
Past Perfect (Had — told), .......
concerning someone or position and prepare for use
something would have + Past Participle
(attended) .............. Here, pitched is the right usage.
with reference to (Idiom) : 110. (2) Here, route (Noun) is the
used for saying what you are Here, would have attended is
the right usage. right usage.
talking or writing about
103. (4) conducive (Adj:) : tending to 111. (4) hold back (Phr. V.) : to retain
Here, in connection with is the
cause or bring something about one’s control
95. (1) put up with (Phr. V.) : to when it is most positive (placed hold on (Phr.V.) : to maintain
accept somebody or something after the word modified), it is one’s grip
that is annoying, unpleasant, followed by to (Prep.). hold with (Phr. V.) : to agree
etc. without complaini ng ; Here, to is the right usage. with
tolerate 104. (4) kennel (Noun) : shelter for a hold down (Phr. V.) : to limit
Here, up is the right usage. dog Here, back is the right usage.
96. (2) accused (Verb) : said that burrow (Noun) : house of a 112. (4) pleased (Verb) agrees with
somebody has done something rabbit or mole Prep.-with
wrong coop (Noun) : house for poultry Here, with is the right usage.
condemned (Verb) : expressed/ stable (Noun) : house of horses 113. (1) desire (Noun) agrees with
very strong disapproval of Here, Kennel is the right usage. Prep.-for
charged (Verb) : accused of 105. (4) since (Conj) : continuously
doing something wrong Here, for is the right usage.
from or starting from the time
(publicly) 114. (3) arrive on time : arrive
Here, accused is the right exactly at the correct time
Here, since is the right usage.
usage. Here, on is the right usage.
106. (3) weather (No un) : the
97. (3) whi ch (Pro.) : used in 115. (2) settle down (Phr. V.) : to
condition of the atmosphere at
questions for asking somebody start in order to have a quieter
a particular place and time
to be exact about one or more way of life
people or things from a limited climate (Noun) : the regular
settle on (Phr. V.) : to choose
number pattern of weather conditions of
or make a decision about some-
Here, which is the right usage. a particular place
thing after thinking about it
98. (3) ulterio r (Adj.) : that Here, weath er is the right
usage. Here, down is the right usage.
somebody keeps hidden and
107. (2) obdurate (Adj:) : refusing to 116. (1) desirous (Adj.) : having a
does not admit
change your mind or your wish for something; wanting
posterior (Adj.) : at the back of
actions in any way; stubborn something; desirous agrees
peripatetic (Adj:) : going from with Prep.-of
interior (Noun) : the inside part
of something place to place (in order to work) Here, of is the right usage.