FILL IN THE BLANKS
gang (Noun) : a group of trouble- Hope can be used in the Passive Adj. to say that someone has as
makers, criminals, prisoners, in the form it is hoped that... much of a quality as is needed.
etc. Here, expect is the right usage. a to-Infinitive is used after
Here, troupe is the right usage. 69. (4) watching is the Direct Object enough
59. (1) with (Prep.) is used with of the Verb-enjoy. grudgingly (Adv.) : unwillingly;
reconcile Here, watching is the right reluctantly
reconcile (Verb) : to make usage. Here, sensible enough not to
oneself or another no longer 70. (3) When Singular Subjects are is the right usage.
opposed antecedents of that, the 81. (4) consciousness (Adj.) : the
Here, with is the right usage. sentence takes a Singular Verb. state of being conscious
60. (3) Here, is elected is the right wi lling co operati on is a conscience (Noun) : a sense of
usage. Singular Subject. right and wrong that urges one
61. (4) expelled (Verb) : forced to Here, brings is the right usage. to act morally
leave an organisation 71. (3) The sentence is in Indirect conscientious (Adj.) : involving
rejected (Verb) : refused to Speech Past time. So, Past or taking great care
accept (an application for a job) Perfect Tense will be used. conscious (Adj.) : alert and
evicted (Verb) : put out (a Here, had deposited is the right awake
tenant) from a property by legal usage. Here, con sciousness is the
process 72. (4) The sentence expresses a right usage.
Here, expelled is the right longer action in the Past (Hamid, 82. (2) put off (Phr. V.) : to delay ;
usage. living) before another action postpone
62. (1) Here, colourful is the right (came to visit). put up (Phr. V.) : to engage in ;
usage. So, Past Perfect Continuous to erect
63. (4) Here, living is the right Tense had been living is the put on (Phr. V.) : to add ; to
usage. right usage. clothe oneself with
Here, off is the right usage.
64. (2) put off (Phr. V.) : to delay ;
shortly (Adv. ) OP
73. (2) briefly (Adv. ) : in a few 83. (1) those (Pro.) i s the ri ght
put in (Phr. V.) : to make a
formal offer of ; to introduce (in words 84. (2) Expressions of distance take
a conversation) Use bri efly to say that a Singular Verb.
put away (Phr. V.) : to discard something lasts or is done for a Here, is is the right usage.
short time or told in a few words. 85. (3) An Adverbial T ime -
put out (Phr. V.) : to extinguish
shortly is an old-fashioned use. marker takes Present Perfect
Here, put off is the right usage.
Here, briefly is the right usage. Continuous Tense
65. (1) doubtful (Adj.) : undecided ;
suspicious ; unsure ; uncertain 74. (3) since is followed by a Verb Here, has been repairing is the
in the Past Tense right usage.
unlikely (Adj.) : not likely; not
Here, came is the right usage. 86. (2) compliment agrees with
likely to occur (happen)
75. (4) who is which is used for Prep.-on.
unsure (Adj.) : uncertain of the
talking about distinguishing one Here, on is the right usage.
person or thing from another. 87. (3) sensitive (Adj.) : readily or
When if is used in a sentence,
Here, who is which is the right excessively affected by external
we will use doubtful.
Here, doubtful is the right
76. (2) Simple Past Tense will be Here, sensitive is the right
66. (2) benign (Adj.) : harmless ; not 88. (4) cater for (Phr.V.) : to provide
Here, discussed is the right
dangerous to life
usage. for or care for something
malignant (Adj.) : dangerous to cater (Verb) : to provide what is
77. (2) being is the P resent
life ; harmful required or desired ; to attend
Participle of the Verb-to be. So,
Here, benign is the right usage. being discussed is the right to the needs of
67. (2) recover (Verb) : to regain after usage. cater to (Phr. V.) : to provide for
illness, a setback or a shock, etc. 78. (3) The sentence is showing something in bad way
recover agrees with Prep.-from Past time. So, Past Perfect Here, for is the right usage.
Here, from is the right usage. Tense will be used. 89. (4) bring down (Phr. V.) : to
68. (4) expect (Verb) : to l ook Here, have her tooth removed cause to fall
forward to the probable is the right usage. bring up (Phr. V.) : mention; to
occurrence 79. (4) at one time (Idiom) : at a introduce into discussion
wish (Verb) : to want or desire period or moment in the Past. So, bring on (Phr. V.) : to cause to
ho pe (Verb) : to wish for a Simple Past Tense-owned is the appear
particular event that one right usage. Here, down is the right usage.
considers possible 80. (3) enough (Adj.) : used after an