FILL IN THE BLANKS
566. That car is throwing ______ a 574. The _____ of cotton is very 583. France ______ a large part of its
lot of smoke. heavy. electricity from nuclear power.
(1) out (2) up (1) bald (2) bail (1) emits (2) makes
(3) away (4) in (3) bale (47) band (3) generates (4) uses
Directions (567-571) : In the fol- 584. I have been fortunate to find a
575. The principal has given his
lowing questions, sentences are given _______ of people who I can call
______ to the match.
with blanks to be filled with an appro- true friends.
priate word(s). Four alternatives are (1) except (2) ascent
(1) pocketful (2) handful
suggested for each question. Choose (3) refuse (4) assent
(3) bagful (4) mindful
the correct alternative out of the four. 576. The hunter killed two _____ for 585. The three brothers formed a lit-
(SSC CGL Tier-I dinner. tle ____ within the family.
Re-Exam–2013, 27.04.2014) (1) flour (2) fowl (1) clique (2) camp
567. Leila said the new restaurant was
(3) foul (4) fool (3) coterie (4) band
nothing to write about. She
thought it was ______. Directions (577–581) : In the 586. A grand temple complex that
(1) just average following questions, sentences are _____ the bygone era.
(2) really terrible given with blanks to be filled in with (1) invokes (2) evokes
(3) splendid (4) excellent an appr opriate word( s ). Four (3) provokes (4) revokes
alternatives are suggested for each Directions (587-591) : In the fol-
568. My Nigerian friend, Fela is hav-
ing trouble finding work here in questi o n. Cho ose the co rrect lowing questions, sentences are given
London, but he says if push alternative out of the four as your with blanks to be filled in with an ap-
comes to shove he can al- answer. propriate word(s). Four alternatives are
ways______. (SSC CAPFs SI, CISF ASI & Delhi suggested for each question. Choose
(1) go to jail Police SI Exam. 22.06.2014) the correct alternative out of the four.
(2) win the lottery 577. China is a big country, in area it (SSC CGL Tier-I Re-Exam. (2013)
(3) end of the journey that is life is bigger than any o ther 20.07.2014, Ist Sitting)
(4) go back to Nigeria country_________Russia. 587. James Watt _____ the steam en-
569. If you say to someone “You’re so (1) accept (2) except gine.
full of yourself ” they’ll probably (3) expect (4) access (1) invented (2) discovered
feel_______. (3) founded (4) find
578. The masks worn by the men
(1) upset (2) pleased helped them _____ their identity. 588. After saying that Beverly made
(3) calm (4) proud too many mistakes, Bob added
(1) conceal (2) congeal
570. The archer missed the ______ by insult to injury by saying _____.
an inch. (3) masquerade (4) cheat (1) they were small mistakes
(1) score (2) point 579. On the _____occasion of Laxmi (2) she worked very slowly
(3) blow (4) aim Puja the Mathurs bought a new (3) her work was excellent
571. Bob and Jane decided to tie the car. (4) work at a remarkable pace
knot because (1) officious (2) auspicious 589. Losing that job was a blessing in
(1) they loved one another (3) fortuitous (4) prosperous disguise because she _____.
(2) they needed to save money 580. Precautions are to be taken with (1) got a much better job
(3) they wanted to make a long any one who seems ____ (2) lost her house
rope (1) contagious (2) infectious (3) unemployed for years
(4) it had come undone (4) was able to shop
(3) diseased (4) defiled
Directions (572-576) : In the fol- 590. All teachers agree that Paresh is
lowing questions, sentences are given 581. The treasure was hidden ______
a big shore. the ______ intelligent boy in his
with blanks to be filled with an appro-
priate word (s). Four alternatives are (1) on (2) underneath
(1) more (2) most
suggested for each question. Choose (3) toward (4) off
the correct alternative out of-the four (3) very (4) only
Directions (582-586) : In the fol-
as your answer 591. The State is home to several des-
lowing questions, sentences are given
(SSC CGL Tier-I tinations of ______ beauty.
with blanks to be filled in with an ap-
Re-Exam–2013, 27.04.2014) (1) paralleled (2) unparalleled
propriate word(s). Four alternatives are
572. She heard the ______ of the hing- (3) inequal (4) equal
suggested for each question. Choose
es. Directions (592-596) : In the fol-
the correct alternative out of the four
(1) rattling (2) rustling lowing questions, sentences are given
as your answer.
(3) crashing (4) creaking with blanks to be filled in with an ap-
(SSC CAPFs SI, CISF ASI & Delhi
573. The sound effects ______ by the propriate word(s). Four alternatives are
Police SI Exam. 22.06.2014)
recording director. suggested for each question, Choose
(1) are provided 582. The traveller told us an ________ the correct alternative out of the four
story. as your answer.
(2) being provide
(3) been provided (1) impractical (2) incredible (SSC CGL Tier-I Re-Exam. (2013)
(4) provided (3) inaudible (4) ineffable 20.07.2014, IInd Sitting)