FILL IN THE BLANKS
457. The subordinate made a ___ re- 465. We had _____ money left, so we 472. With the changing times, most
mark against his boss that cost went out for a meal. We decided of the students have become
his job. to abandon our trip as we had business-like they are ______ and
(1) derogatory ____ money left. want to take only those courses
B) complimentary (1) a little, a little which they find rewarding.
(3) oblique (2) little, a little (1) idealistic (2) pragmatic
(3) a few, few (3) enthusiastic (4) partial
(4) a little, little 473. 1. John’ s at ____ i nstitute
458. He ___ before the court that he
466. Please write to me _____ this studying French.
was innocent of the crime.
address. 2. They’re building _____ school
(1) denied (2) denounced
(1) upon (2) at at the end of our street.
(3) demanded (4) declared 3. Do they live in ____ United
(3) to (1) on
Directions (459-463) : In the fol- Kingdom or somewhere else ?
lowing questions, sentences are given 467. I hate him for the simple reason
(1) a, the, an (2) the, a, an
with blanks to be filled in with an ap- that he keeps singing his own
praises continually talking about (3) an, a, the (4) the, an, a
propriate word(s). Four alternatives are
himself. He is an irritating _____. Directions (474-478) : In the
suggested for each question. Choose following questions, sentences are
the correct alternative out of the four He is a real _____ because for
anything he does he always given with blanks to be filled with an
as your answer. appropriate word(s). Four alternatives
(SSC FCI Assistant Grade-III Main expects something in return, a
are suggested for each question.
Exam. 07.04.2013) selfish person indeed.
Choose the correct alternative out of
459. We ........ respect our parents (1) poser, misanthrope
and teachers. (2) poser, egotist (SSC Graduate Level Tier-I
(1) may have to (2) will (3) egoist misanthrope Exam. 21.04.2013)
(3) shall (4) ought to (4) egotist, egoist 474. _____ the people looked well
460. Let us sit down ......... the shade 468. On Tuesday it’s the carnival, enough, but when one looked
of a tree for sometime. _____ everybody gets dressed up more closely one saw that their
in a fancy costume. So we will faces were filled with despair.
(1) inside (2) below
meet at John’s house, _______ (1) At first looking
(3) in (4) beneath is about a couple of kilometres (2) At first observation
461. You are fortunate .......... hav- away. (3) On first sight
ing an intelligent and obedient (1) which, where (4) At first sight
(2) where, when 475. He was assured by his friends
(1) to (2) for (3) when, where _____ every type of help, in an
(3) of (4) in (4) when, which emergency.
462. Mother had prepared 20 bis- Directions (469-473) : In the (1) by (2) of
cuits, Raj ate all of them. There- following questions, each sentence is (3) with (4) about
fore, mother called him a .......... given with blank to be filled in with an 476. The work ____, he left his office.
(1) digester (2) goader appropriate and suitable word(s). Four (1) having completed
(3) needy (4) glutton alternatives are suggested for each (2) having been completed
463. We are highly disappointed question. Choose the correct (3) on being finished
........... the exam results. alternative out of the four alternatives. (4) having been over
(1) about (2) from (SSC Graduate Level Tier-I 477. Our monthly expenditure ____ by
(3) in (4) with Exam. 21.04.2013, IInd Sitting) five hundred rupees when we
Directions (464-468) : In the 469. Student-parking should be decided to buy milk from the
following questions, sentences are ______; students should not be milkman.
charged to buy parking stickers. (1) shot up (2) got up
given with blanks to be filled with an
appropriate word (s). Four alternatives (1) fined (2) free (3) lifted up (4) grew up
are suggested for each question. (3) costly (4) cheap 478. He was no t a man _____
Choose the correct alternative out of- 470. If you have roses growing in your intelligence.
the four as your answer garden, you can make a lovely (1) lacking of (2) devoid of
(SSC Graduate Level Tier-I ____ of flowers at home. (3) absent of (4) empty of
Exam. 21.04.2013, Ist Sitting) (1) bouqutte (2) bucquete Directions (479-483) : In the
(3) bouquete (4) bouquet following questions, sentences are
464. What _ _ __ _ _ _ _ ? It
471. The _____ of the middle school given with blanks to be filled in with
is a woman of ____. an appropriate word(s). Four
(1) is cooking, smell alternatives are suggested for each
(1) principles, principal
(2) is cooking, smelled question. Cho ose the correct
(2) principals, principal
(3) are you cooking, smelt alternative out of the four.
(3) principal, principles
(4) are you cooking, smells (SSC Graduate Level Tier-I
(4) principle, principals Exam. 21.04.2013)