(2) She said that she was sorry (4) Kala asked Radha that who (2) I said to him would he go to
and she will not be able to she had been speaking to over Delhi.
submit those papers. the phone. (3) I asked him if he would go to
(3) She apologized for not being 259. The king said to his men, “Do Delhi.
able to submit those papers. not be afraid of the enemy. Face (4) I said to him would you go to
(4) She exclaimed with sorrow them bravely.” Delhi.
that she was sorry and she (1) The king ordered his men to 263. He said, ‘I have read this novel.’
will not be able to submit not be afraid of the enemy and (1) He said that he has read this
those papers. that they had to be faced novel.
255. The girl wondered where the bravely.
(2) He said that he had read that
sparrows had gone. (2) The king asked his men to not novel.
(1) The girl said, “Oh! Where the be afraid of the enemy but
(3) He said that he read that nov-
sparrows have gone ?” they should be faced bravely. el.
(2) The girl said, “Oh ! Where are (3) The king advised his men not (4) He said that he had read this
the sparrows ?” to be afraid of the enemy but
(3) The girl said, “Oh ! Where had to face them bravely.
264. Tania said to her friend, ‘Can you
the sparrows gone ?’’ (4) The king told his men not to lend me an umbrella ?’
(4) The girl said, “Oh ! Where have be afraid of the enemy and
(1) Please give me an umbrella
the sparrows gone ?” they had faced them bravely.
Tania requested her friend.
256. She said to me, “I’ m go ing 260. Kannan said to Subha, “I’ll return
(2) Will you lend me your umbrel-
shoppi ng. Can I g et you the book after I have read it”.
la, Tania asked her friend.
something ?” (1) Kannan told Subha that he
(3) Tania requested her friend to
(1) She said she was going will return the book after he
lend her an umbrella
shopping and said to me if I has read it.
(4) Tania asked her friend to give
wanted something. (2) Kannan told Subha that he
her an umbrella.
(2) She said she was going would return the book after
265. Sita said, ‘I may go there.’
shoppi ng and asked if I he has read it.
(1) Sita says that she may go
wanted something. (3) Kannan told Subha that he
(3) She said she was going will return the book after he
read it. (2) Sita says that she is going
shopping and asked if she
could get me something. (4) Kannan told Subha that he
would return the book after (3) Sita said that she will go there.
(4) She said she is going shopping
he had read it. (4) Sita said that she might go
and asked if she could get me
261. The boss said to his secretary, there.
“Did you discuss this matter with 266. My friend requested me to bring
257. Ramesh informed his friend that
the manager ?” him a sandwich.
he could make use of his car
while he was away. (1) The boss asked his secretary (1) He said, ‘My friend, please
whether he discussed that bring me a sandwich.’
(1) Ramesh said to his friend,
“You will make use of my car matter with the manager. (2) My friend said, ‘Will you bring
while I was away”. (2) The boss asked his secretary me a sandwich.’
if you have discussed that (3) ‘Please bring me a sandwich’,
(2) Ramesh said to his friend,
“Use my car while I go away”. matter with the manager. said my friend.
(3) Ramesh said to his friend, (3) The boss asked his secretary (4) ‘Please bring my friend a
if he had di scussed that sandwich.’, said he.
“You can make use of my car
while I am away”. matter with the manager. 267. He said, ‘If I had the tools I could
(4) The boss asked his secretary mend the car.’
(4) Ramesh asked his friend,
“Will you make use of my car whether he has discussed (1) He said that if he had the
while I am away ?” that matter with the manager. tools he could mend the car.
258. Kala sai d to Radha, “Who Directions (262–288) : In the fol- (2) He tells that he had the tools
were you speaking to over the lowing questions, a sentence has been he could mend the car.
phone ?” given in Direct/Indirect. Out of the (3) He said I could mend the car
(1) Kala asked Radha who she four alternatives suggested, select the if I have the tools.
had been speaking to over the one which best expresses the same (4) He told he could mend the
phone. sentence in Direct/Indirect and mark car.
your answer. 268. She said to the children, ‘You
(2) Kala asked Radha who she
has been speaking to over the (SSC CGL Tier-II Exam. 12.04.2015) mustn’t play with fire.’
phone. 262. I said to him, ‘Will you go to Del- (1) She told the children they
(3) Kala asked Radha that who hi ?’ were not to play with fire.
she was speaking to over the (1) I asked him will he go to Del- (2) She told the children that they
phone. hi. mustn’t play with fire.