(1) The teacher warned me not 217. Moti asked Gangu whether the (4) The poor beggar told God to
to hesitate in clearing my latter was in his senses. have mercy on his soul.
doubts. (1) “Are you senseless, Gangu?” 222. He said to her, “Why didn’t you
(2) The teacher ordered me not asked Moti. put on the brakes ?
to hesitate in clearing my (2) “Hey Gangu, are you in your (1) He asked her why she hadn’t
doubts. senses now ?” asked Moti put on the brakes.
(3) The teacher persuaded me (3) “Gangu, have you lost your (2) He asked her why she didn’t
not to hesitate in clearing my senses” asked Moti. put on the brake.
doubts. (4) “Gangu, are you in your (3) He asked her that why she
(4) The teacher requested me senses?” asked Moti hadn’t put on the brake.
not to hesitate in clearing my
218. He said that we are all born to (4) He told her that why she
die. hadn’t put on the brake.
214. He said, “I am glad to be here
(1) He said, “We have all been 223. She said to me, “I took breakfast
born to die.” in the morning.”
(1) He said that he was glad to
(2) He exclaimed, “We were all (1) She told me that she took
be there that evening.
born to die.” breakfast in the morning.
(2) He said he was glad to be
here this evening. (3) He said, “We were all born to (2) She told me that she had
die.” taken breakfast in the
(3) He says he was glad to be
(4) He said, “We are all born to morning.
here this evening.
(4) He asked he is glad to be die.” (3) She told me that she has
here this evening. 219. He said to me, “I grew these taken breakfast in the
Directions (215–219) : In the carrots myself.” morning.
following questions, a sentence has (1) He told me that he grew those (4) She said to me that she was
been given in Direct/Indirect. Out of carrots himself. taking b reakfast in the
the four alternatives suggested, select (2) He told me I grew these morning.
the one which best expresses the same carrots myself. 224. John’s father reminded him to
sentence in Indirect/Direct. (3) He told me that he grew these take his umbrella.
(SSC (10+2) Level Data Entry carrots himself. (1) John’s father said,
Operator & LDC Exam. 20.10.2013) (4) He told me that he had grown “Remember your umbrella
215. Mrs. Shankar said, “I know what those carrots himself. John ?”
it is to be depressed.” Directions (220-224) : In the (2) “Here, i s you r um brel l a
(1) Mrs. Shankar said that she following questions, sentence has been John,” said his father.
was knowing what it was to given in Direct/Indirect. Out of the four (3) “Are you going to take your
be depressed. alternatives suggested, select the one umbrella or not ?” said John
(2) Mrs. Shankar said that she which best expresses the same to his father.
knew what it was to be sentence in Indirect/Direct. (4) “Don’t forget to take your
depressed. (SSC (10+2) Level Data Entry Operator umbrella, John” said his
(3) Mrs. Shankar knows what it & LDC Exam. 27.10.2013, IInd Sitting) father.
is to be depressed. 220. Israt said to Irfat, “Let’s go to Puri Directions (225-229) : In the
(4) Mrs. Shankar is depressed for a change.” following questions, a sentence has been
she said. given in Direct /Indirect. Out of the four
(1) Israt proposed to Irfat to go
216. “Who now,” they had asked, “will to Puri for a change. alternatives suggested, select the one
listen to our troubles and protect which best expresses the same sentence
(2) Israt suggested to Irfat to go
us from the crocodiles ?” in Indirect /Direct.
to Puri for a change.
(1) They wanted to know who will (SSC (10+2) Level Data Entry
listen to their troubles and (3) Israt asked Irfat to go to Puri
Operator & LDC Exam.
protect them from the for a change.
10.11.2013, Ist Sitting)
crocodiles. (4) Israt proposed to Irfat that
225. He said, “He took tea in the
(2) They had wanted to know they should go to Puri for a
who would listen to their change.
(1) He said that he did take in
troubles and protect them 221. The poor beggar said, “0 God,
from the crocodiles. have mercy on my soul”.
(2) He said that he had taken tea
(3) They had wanted to know (1) The poor beggar prayed to God
in the morning.
who then would listen to their to have mercy on his soul.
(3) He said that he took in the
troubles and protect them (2) The poor beggar, invoking
from the crocodiles. God, implored him to have
mercy on his soul. (4) He said that he would take
(4) They had wanted to know
tea in the morning.
who will now listen to their (3) The poor beggar exclaimed
troubles and protect them that God, have mercy on his 226. He requested the boss to let him
from the crocodiles. go on with his project.