140. My Daddy always says, “Getting (1) I asked him how I knew that. 151. He ordered his servant to do as
up early in the morning is a good (2) I asked him that how he he was told.
habit.” knew that. (1) He ordered his servant, “Do
(1) My Daddy always says that (3) I told him how 1 knew that. as you are told.”
to get up early in the morn- (4) I asked him how he knew that. (2) He said to his servant, “Do
ing is a good habit. as you are told.”
146. He said, “We are all sinners.”
(2) My Daddy always says that (3) He said to his servant. “Do
(1) He sai d that we are all
getting up early in the morn- as I told you.”
ing is a good habit. (4) He said to his servant, “Do
(2) He said they were all sinners.
(3) My Daddy always advises as you were told.”
(3) He said that he was a sinner.
that getting up early in the 152. She said to the girl, “Did you do
morning was a good habit. (4) He said all were sinners.
(4) My Daddy always warns that 147. “Would you mind taking off your
shoes before entering the house?” (1) She asked the girl that she
to get up early in the morn- did that.
ing was a good habit. He said to the foreigner.
(1) He requested the foreigner (2) She asked the girl if she did
141. “Be quiet” I said to them. that.
to take off his shoes before
(1) I told them to be quiet. (3) She asked the girl if she had
entering the house.
(2) I asked them to remain done that.
(2) He told the foreigner that he
quiet. (4) She told the girl that she had
must take off his shoes be-
(3) I told to them for being qui- fore entered the house. done that.
et. (3) He said the foreigner that to Directions (153-177) : In the
(4) I ordered them to remain qui- take off his shoes before en- follwing question, sentence has been
et. tered the house. given in Direct/Indirect Speech. Out
142. The mother says to the child, “The (4) Before entering the house he of the four alternatives suggested se-
Sun rises in the East.” said that shoes must be tak- lect the one which best expresses the
(1) The mother tells the child en off. same sentence in Indirect/Direct
that the Sun rose in the East. 148. “I lost my book yesterday”, she Speech.
(2) The mother says the child said to her teacher. (SSC Graduate Level Tier-II
that the Sun rises in the (1) She admitted to her teacher Exam. 04.09.2011)
East. that she had lost her book 153. Kiran asked me, “Did you see the
(3) The mother tells the child the previous day. cricket match on television last
that the Sun rises in the (2) To her teacher she was ad- night ?”
East. mitted that she has lost her (1) Kiran asked me whether I
(4) The mother informs the child book the previous day. saw the cricket match on
that the Sun rose in the East. (3) She admitted losing her book television the earlier night.
143. He said, “The teacher usually does to her teacher yesterday. (2) Kiran asked me whether I
not ask any question.” (4) She said to her teacher that had seen the cricket match
He said that I have lost my book the pre- on television the earlier night.
(1) the teacher usually does not vious day.
(3) Kiran asked me did I see the
ask any question. 149. “Do you want some more cricket match on television
(2) the teacher usually did not sweets?” asked my friend. last night.
ask any question. (1) My friend asked me if I want (4) Kiran asked me whether I
(3) the teacher usually asked some more sweets. had seen the cricket match
no question. (2) My friend said to me if I on television last night.
(4) the teacher usually did not wanted some more sweets.
154. David said to Anna, “Mona will
asked any question. (3) My friend asked me whether leave for her native place tomor-
144. “Where do you live ?” asked the I wanted some more sweets. row.”
stranger. (4) My friend asked me that I (1) David told Anna that Mona
(1) The stranger asked where I wanted some more sweets. will leave for her native place
lived. 150. “I have seen the film before” tomorrow.
Suneetha says. (2) David told Anna that Mona
(2) The stranger enquired where
I was living. (1) Suneetha said that she had left for her native place the
seen the film before. next day.
(3) The stranger questi oned
where did 1 live. (2) Suneetha says that she has (3) David told to Anna that Mona
seen the film before. would be leaving for her na-
(4) The stranger wanted to
(3) Suneetha said that the film tive place tomorrow.
know where I live.
was seen by her before. (4) David told Anna that Mona
145. I said to him, “How do you know
this ?” (4) Suneetha said that she saw would leave for her native
the film earlier. place the next day.