25. The dealer said, “Either make (2) The old lady prayed for her 33. She said, “I"ll give you 100 to
your purchases or walk out of son’s long life and prosperity. keep your mouth shut.”
my shop.” (3) The old lady prayed for her (1) She said that she would give
(1) The dealer told the custom- son and said that he might him 100 to keep his mouth
er that he would either make live long and prosper. shut.
his purchases or walk out (4) The old lady blessed her son (2) She offered him 100 to
of his shop. and prayed for his long life keep his mouth shut.
(2) The dealer ordered the cus- and prosperity.
(3) She suggested to him that she
tomer to make his purchas- 29. “Many happy returns of your
es and walk out of his shop. would give him 100 to keep
birthday”, we said.
his mouth shut.
(3) The dealer told the custom- (1) We greeted him on his birth-
er that he should either (4) She proposed that she would
make his pu rchases, or give him 100 to keep his
(2) We said that many happy re-
walk out of his shop. mouth shut.
turns of your birthday.
(4) The dealer requested the (3) We wished him many happy 34. “Doctor”, the patient cried, please
customer to make his pur- returns of his birthday. tell me how much time I have.”
chases or walk out of his (4) We prayed for many happy (1) The patient pleaded the doc-
shop. returns of his birthday. tor how much time she will
26. He said, “I do not wish to see 30. “Fie! a soldier and afraid of fight- have.
any of you; go away.” ing!” said Babar. (2) The patient exclaimed to the
(1) He said that he had not (1) Babar exclaimed with sur- doctor that how much time
wished to see any of them prise that a soldier should be she had.
and ordered them to go afraid of fighting. (3) The patient pleaded with the
away. doctor to tell her how much
(2) Addressing a soldier, Babar
(2) He said that he did not wish cursed him that he should be time she had.
to see any of them and or- afraid of fighting. (4) The patient cried to the doc-
dered them to go away. (3) Babar cursed the soldier who tor that how much time had
(3) He told that he did not wish was afraid of fighting. she.
to see any of them and or- (4) Babar cursed and exclaimed 35. “Let’s give a party”, said Jaya.
dered them to go away. that a soldier should not be “Let’s not,” said her husband.
(4) He said that he does not afraid of fighting. (1) Jaya suggested giving a par-
wish to see any of us and 31. He said to Sita, “When do you
ordered us to go away. ty but her husband answered
intend to pay back the money you in the negative.
27. He said to us, “Why are you all borrowed from me ?”
sitting about there doing noth- (2) Jaya suggested giving a par-
(1) He enquired Sita when did ty but her husband opposed
ing ?” she intend to pay back the
(1) He asked us why are we all the idea.
money she borrowed from
sitting about there doing him. (3) Jaya suggested giving a par-
nothing ty but her husband contra-
(2) He enquired Sita when she
(2) He asked us why we are all dicted her.
intended to pay back the mon-
sitting about there doing ey she borrowed from him. (4) Jaya suggested giving a par-
nothing. (3) He enquired Sita when she ty but her husband refused.
(3) He asked us why we were intended to pay back the mon- 36. He said to her, “Did it shake you
all sitting about there doing ey she had borrowed from him. up as much as it shook me ?”
nothing. (4) He enquired when Sita in- (1) He asked her if it had shak-
(4) He asked us why were we tended to pay back the mon- en her up as much as it
all sitting about there doing ey she borrowed from him. shook him.
nothing. 32. “So help me Heaven! “he cried, (2) He enquired of her if it shook
Directions (28-52) : In the follo- “I will never steal again”. her up as it shook him.
qing questions, a sentence has been (1) He wanted Heaven to help (3) He enquired of her if it shook
given in Direct/Indirect form. Out of him so that he would never her up as much as it had
the four alternatives suggested, select steal again. shaken him.
the one which best expresses the same (2) He exclaimed to Heaven that
sentence in Indirect/Direct form. (4) He asked her if it had shaken
he would never steal again. her up as it had shaken him.
(SSC SAS Exam. 26.06.2010) (3) He exclaimed Heaven to help
37. The Chief Minister said, “What a
28. “May you live long and prosper”, him that he would never steal
said the old lady to her son. disaster the earthquake is!”
(1) The old lady blessed her son (1) The Chief Minister cried that
(4) He called upon Heaven to wit-
with long life and wished him the earthquake was a terrible
ness his resolve never to steal