TRANSFORMATION OF SENTENCES (ACTIVE/PASSIVE)
465. Had she worked hard she would (3) The authorities will be re- (2) The burglar was arrested by
have won the gold medal. warded by your hard work. a police constable just before
(1) The gold medal will have been (4) The authorities would be re- dawn.
won by her had she worked warded by your hard work. (3) The burglar is arrested by a
hard. 471. People felt that the police were police constable just before
(2) The gold medal would have corrupt. dawn.
been won by her had she (1) It was felt that the police (4) A police constable was ar-
worked hard. were corrupt. rested by a burglar just be-
(3) The gold medal would have (2) The police were felt to be cor- fore dawn.
been won by her if she rupt. 477. The checker checks the admis-
worked hard. sion tickets at the gate.
(3) It was felt that the police
(4) The gold medal will have been were being corrupt. (1) The admission tickets are
won by her if she worked checked at the gate.
(4) The police were felt being
hard. (2) The admission tickets be
466. They cooked the food and sent checked at the gate.
472. They found him lying dead on the
it to the orphanage. (3) The admission tickets will be
checked at the gate by the
(1) The cooked food was sent to (1) The roadside found him ly- checker.
the orphanage by them. ing dead.
(4) The admission tickets were
(2) The food was cooked and sent (2) He was lying dead found by checked at the gate.
to the orphanage by them. the roadside. 478. People criticized him for not of-
(3) The food was sent to the or- (3) L ying by the roadside, he fering to pay for the damage.
phanage by them. was found dead. (1) He has been criticized for
(4) The food was cooked and sent (4) He was found lying dead by not offering to pay for the
by them. the roadside. damage.
467. The room was cleaned. 473. Scientists generally believe that (2) He was criticized for not of-
(1) The cleaner cleaned the small islands would sink. fering to pay for the damage.
room. (1) Small islands will sink is gen- (3) He is criticized for not offer-
(2) The room should be cleaned. erally believed by scientists. ing to pay for the damage.
(3) I cleaned the room. (2) There is a general belief that (4) He is being criticizing for not
(4) Someone cleaned the room. small islands would sink. offering to pay for the dam-
468. Where were they playing the (3) Small islands are believed to age.
cricket match? sink by scientists. 479. The police is unduly harassing
(1) Where was the cricket match (4) It is generally believed by sci- me.
played? entists that small islands (1) I am unduly harassed by the
would sink. police.
(2) Where has the cricket match
been played? 474. Should you ever tell a lie? (2) I was unduly harassed by
(1) Should a lie be ever told by the police.
(3) Where will the cricket match
one? (3) I have being unduly ha-
(2) Should a lie be ever told by rassed by the police.
(4) Where was the cricket match
everyone? (4) I am being unduly harassed
(3) Should a lie be ever told? by the police.
469. These things have been left here 480. Had work been resumed by the
by an unknown customer. (4) Should a lie ever be told?
labourers before the manager ar-
(1) An unknown customer 475. The Principal promised the boys
leaves these things here. a holiday.
(1) Have the labourers resumed
(2) An unknown customer has (1) The boys have been prom- work before the arrival of the
left these things here. ised a holiday by the Princi- manager?
(3) An unknown customer have pal.
(2) Had the labourers resumed
left these things here. (2) The boys had been promised work before the manager ar-
(4) An unknown customer has a holiday by the Principal. rived?
been left these things here. (3) The boys were promised a (3) Had they resumed the work
holiday by the Principal. before the manager came?
470. The authorities will reward you
for your hard work. (4) The boys are promised a holi- (4) Had the labourers not re-
day by the Principal. sumed work before the man-
(1) You will be rewarded by the
authorities for your hard 476. A police constable arrested the ager arrived?
work. burglar just before dawn. 481. Should you have interrupted me
(2) You would be rewarded by (1) Just before dawn the bur- while I was speaking?
the authorities for your hard glar is arrested by a police (1) Should I have been inter-
work. constable. rupted while I was speaking?