TRANSFORMATION OF SENTENCES (ACTIVE/PASSIVE)
445. Mr. Mukerjee teaches us English. 453. I like him. (3) Was that house bought by
(1) English was taught us by Mr. (1) He was liked by me him?
Mukerjee (2) He is being liked by me (4) Are that house bought by
(2) We were taught English by (3) He was being liked by me him?
Mr. Mukerjee (4) He is liked by me 462. She has taught him.
(3) We have taught English by 454. Jatinder can help Gurdeep. (1) He has taught by her
Mr. Mukerjee (1) Gurdeep can be helped by (2) He had been taught by her
(4) We are taught English by Mr. Jatinder (3) He has been taught by her
Mukerjee (2) Gurdeep could be helped by (4) He has been teach by her
446. Somebody has stolen his purse. Jatinder 463. In the following question, a sen-
(1) His purse has been stolen (3) Gurdeep can be help by tence has been given in Active/
(2) His purse had been stolen Jatinder Passive voice. Out of four alter-
(3) His purse had been stealing (4) Gurdeep could be help by natives suggested, select the one
(4) His purse have been stolen Jatinder which best expresses the same
447. She looks after the child. 455. She is calling me. sentence in Passive/Active voice.
(1) The child are looked after by (1) I was being called by her The payment was collected by the
her hardworking salesman.
(2) I am being called by her
(2) The child were looked after (1) The hardworking salesman
by her (3) I have been called by her
collected the payment.
(3) The child is looked after by (4) None of these
(2) The salesman who worked
her 456. A retail store was inaugurated by hard was able to collect the
(4) None of these Sanju. payment.
448. Honey is made by bees. (1) Sanju had inaugurated a (3) To collect the payment the
(1) Bees made honey retail store salesman had to work hard.
(2) Bees are making honey (2) Sanju has inaugurated a (4) The hardworking salesman
(3) Bees make honey retail store was able to collect the pay-
(4) Bees makes honey (3) Sanju inaugurate a retail ment.
449. The walls had not been store (SSC CHSL (10+2) Tier-I (CBE)
decorated by us. (4) Sanju inaugurated a retail Exam. 15.01.2017 (IInd Sitting)
(1) We has not decorated the store 464. In the following question, a
walls 457. Who stole your pen? sentence has been gi ven in
(2) We had not decorated the (1) Who was stolen your pen? Active/Passive voice. Out of four
walls (2) By whom is your pen stolen? alternatives suggested, select the
(3) We have not been decorating (3) By whom was your pen one which best expresses the
the walls stolen? same sentence in Passive/Active
(4) We had not been decorating (4) By whom did your pen steal? voice.
the walls 458. I can help you. I had to stop all my work to
450. I can teach Nalini. complete this project.
(1) You could be helped by me
(1) Nalini can taught by me (1) All other work had to be
(2) You can be helped by me
(2) Nalini could be taught by me stopped to complete this
(3) You can be help by me project by me.
(3) Nalini can be teach by me
(4) You could be help by me (2) For completing this project
(4) Nalini can be taught by me
459. You are teasing them. all other work must be
451. Haml et was written by
Shakespeare. (1) They were being teased by stopped.
(1) Shakespeare had written you (3) For completing this project I
Hamlet (2) They are teasing by you had to stop all my work.
(2) Shakespeare wrote Hamlet (3) They have been teasing by (4) To complete this project all
(3) Shakespeare writes Hamlet you other work had been
(4) Shakespeare has wrote (4) They are being teased by you stopped by me.
Hamlet 460. She often praises me. (SSC CHSL (10+2) Tier-I (CBE)
452. This book contains pictures. (1) I was often praised by her Exam. 16.01.2017 (IInd Sitting)
(1) Pictures are contained by (2) I have been often praised by Directions (465- 484) : In each
this book her of the following questions, a sentence
(2) Pictures were contained in (3) I am often praises by her has been given in Active/Passive Voice.
this book Out of the four alternatives suggest-
(4) I am often praised by her
(3) Pictures are contained to this ed, select the one which best expresses
461. Did he buy that house? the same sentence in Passive/Active
book (1) Is that house bought by him? Voice.
(4) Pictures are contained in this (2) Were that house bought by (SSC CGL Tier-II (CBE)
book him? Exam. 12.01.2017)