TRANSFORMATION OF SENTENCES (ACTIVE/PASSIVE)
(2) Five hundred trains are (1) A can of worms is being (3) Let all the necessary tests
brought to a halt by grid opened by the girl"s death. were done soon.
failure. (2) A can of worms has been (4) All the necessary tests have
(3) Five hundred trains were opened by the girl"s death. to be done soon.
brought to a halt by grid (3) A can of worms are being 440. She had locked the door, before
failure. opened by the girl"s death. she left.
(4) Five hundred trains had (4) A can of worms were being (1) She locks the door, before
been brought to a halt by opened by the girl"s death. she leaves.
grid failure. 436. By that time tomorrow, they (2) She locked the door and left.
430. The teacher was pleased with his would have completed the work (3) The door was locked by her,
recitation. allotted to them. before she took leave.
(1) His recitation pleases the (1) By that time tomorrow, the (4) The door had been locked by
teacher. work allotted to them would her, before she left.
(2) His recitation pleased the be completed by them. 441. Bravery and l oyal ty were
teacher. (2) By that time tomorrow, the rewarded by the king.
(3) His recitation will please the work allotted to them would
(1) Reward was given for
teacher. complete by them.
bravery and loyalty.
(4) His recitation has pleased the (3) By that time tomorrow, the
(2) The king rewarded bravery
teacher. work allotted to them would
be complete by them. and loyalty.
431. We saw her singing at her work.
(4) By that time tomorrow, the (3) The king gave a reward for a
(1) Her singing was seen by us
work allotted to them would bravery and loyalty.
at her work.
have been completed by (4) For loyalty and bravery it is
(2) Her singing was seen at her
work by us. them. said that the king gave
437. While I was on holiday, my reward.
(3) She was seen being sung at
her work by us. camera was stolen from my hotel 442. I remember them taking me to
(4) She was seen singing at her room. the Zoo.
work. (1) While I was on holiday, (1) I remember having being
432. They will help us with money. somebody stole my camera taken to the Zoo.
from my hotel room. (2) I remember to be taken to the
(1) We will be helped by them
with money. (2) While I was on holiday, my Zoo.
camera had been stolen from (3) I remember being taken to
(2) We should be helped by
my hotel room. the Zoo.
them with money.
(3) While I was on holiday, they (4) I remember I was taken to
(3) We must be helped by them
steal my camera from my
with money. the Zoo.
(4) We could be helped by them Directions (443–464) : In the
(4) While I was on holiday, they
with money. following questions, a sentence has
had stolen my camera from
433. I was asked my name. been given in Active/Passive Voice. Out
my hotel room.
(1) My name was asked for. of the four alternatives suggested,
438. By 1829 British goods worth
(2) They asked me my name. select the one that best expresses the
seven crore rupees were being
(3) They asked my name from same sentence in Passive/Active Voice.
exported to India by Britain.
me. (SSC CAPFs SI, ASI Online
(1) India was exporting British
(4) My name was asked. Exam. 18.12.2016)
goods worth seven crore
434. Kamala was told the bad news 443. The news surprised us.
rupees to Britain, by 1829.
as soon as she arrived. (2) By 1829, Britain exported (1) We are surprised at the news
(1) Someone had told Kamala British goods worth seven (2) We were surprised by the
the bad news as soon as she crore rupees to India. news
arrived. (3) By 1829, Britain was (3) We are surprised by the
(2) Some is telling Kamala the exporting British goods news
bad news as soon as she worth seven crore rupees to (4) We were surprised at the
arrived. India. news
(3) Someone told Kamala the (4) Britain exported British 444. Mahmud gave me a pen.
bad news as soon as she goods to India worth seven (1) I was g iven a pen b y
arrived. crore rupees by 1829. Mahmud
(4) Someone has told Kamala the 439. Do all the necessary tests soon. (2) I am given a pen by Mahmud
bad news as soon as she (1) All the necessary tests may (3) I had given a pen by
arrived. be done soon. Mahmud
435. The girl"s death has opened a can (2) Let all the necessary tests be (4) A pen is given to me by
of worms. done soon. Mahmud