TRANSFORMATION OF SENTENCES (ACTIVE/PASSIVE)
(1) The box I found last night in 420. A good deal of money will be (3) The "Ajooba" town have been
a ditch near my house. made by that investment. destroyed by the enemies.
(2) The box was found last night (1) That investment has made a (4) The "Ajooba" town has been
in a ditch near my house. good deal of money. destroyed by the enemies.
(3) Last night I found the box in (2) That investment will b e 424. Rohit had written an essay on
a ditch near my house. making a good deal of money. "pollution".
(4) The box is found last night in (3) That investment has been (1) An essay on "pollution" was
a ditch near my house. making a good deal of money. written by Rohit.
417. The government has launched a (4) That investment will make a (2) An essay on "pollution" had
programme to improve the good deal of money. been written by Rohit.
performance of the ministries. 421. He had transported all his (3) An essay on "pollution" wrote
(1) To improve the performance equipment to his factory. by Rohit.
of the mini stries, a (1) All his equi pment are (4) An essay on "pollution" have
programme has been transported to his factory by been written by Rohit.
launched by the government. him. 425. He had already torn the pages
(2) For the improvement of (2) Al l hi s equipm ent were of the book.
performance by the transported to his factory by (1) The pages of the book has
ministries, a programme has already been torn by him.
been launched b y the (2) The pages of the book have
(3) Al l his equip ment have
government. already been torn by him.
transported by him to his
(3) A programme has been (3) The pages of the book had
launched for the already been torn by him.
improvement of ministries by (4) All his equipment had been
transported by him to his (4) The pages of the book had
factory. already torn by him.
(4) The programme launched by
422. Marketing professionals play a 426. This word cannot be uttered by
the government was for the
major role in the development of a sane man.
improvement of performance
of the ministries. business sectors. (1) A sane man did not utter this
(1) A major role is played by the word.
418. A hundred carefully–screened
people were invited to dinner by marketing professionals in (2) A sane man will not utter this
the Prime Minister. the development of business word.
(1) The Prime Minister invited a sectors. (3) A sane man cannot utter the
hundred people after word.
(2) A major role is being played
screening them to dinner. by the marketing (4) A sane man cannot utter this
professio nals in the word.
(2) The Prime Minister invited a
hundred carefully screened development of business 427. The national anthem is being
people to have dinner with sectors. sung by Jason.
him. (3) In the develo pment of (1) Jason was singing the
(3) The Prime Minister invited a national anthem.
business sectors, a major role
hundred carefullyscreened was played by the marketing (2) Jason is singing the national
people to dinner. anthem.
(4) The Prime Minister invited to (3) Jason sings the national
(4) In the develo pment of
dinner a hundred persons anthem.
business sectors, a major role
who were carefully screened. (4) Jason has sung the national
has been played b y the
419. It is good that your ideas can be anthem.
expressed with such clarity by 428. Can he complete the job in three
Directions (423–442) : In the weeks?
you. following questions, a sentence has
(1) It is good that yo u can (1) Can he in three weeks
been given in Active/Passive Voice. Out
express your ideas with such complete the job?
of the four alternatives suggested,
clarity. (2) Can"t the job be completed by
select the one that best expresses the
(2) It is good that such clarity can him in three weeks?
same sentence in Passive/Active Voice.
be expressed by you through (3) Can the job be completed by
(SSC CGL Tier-II (CBE)
your ideas. him in three weeks?
(3) It is good that you could have (4) He cannot complete the job
423. The enemies have destroyed the
expressed your ideas with in three weeks?
such clarity. 429. Grid failure brings five hundred
(1) The " Ajo oba" town was
(4) It is good that you could trains to a halt.
destroyed by the enemies.
express yourself with such (1) Five hundred trains are
(2) The "Ajooba" town had been being brought to a halt by grid
clarity. destroyed by the enemies. failure.