TRANSFORMATION OF SENTENCES (ACTIVE/PASSIVE)
(2) The warden was assaulted 390. The boys laughed at the old man. (3) Why was such an
by the prisoner earlier too. (1) The old man was laughed by honourable job refused by
(3) It is known that the warden the boys. your father ?
has been assaulted by the (2) The old man was being (4) Why was such an
prisoner earlier too. laughed by the boys. honourable job denied by
(4) It is known that the warden (3) The old man was being your father ?
has assaulted the prisoner laughed at by the boys. 395. James Cameron directed the
earlier too. Titanic.
(4) The old man was laughed at
385. Can she write an interesting by the boys. (1) The Titanic was directed
story? by James Cameron.
391. Ideas are generated by Group
(1) Can an interesting story be discussions. (2) James Cameron had
written for her ? directed the Titanic.
(1) Group discussions generated
(2) Can an interesting story be (3) James Cameron had been
written to her ? directing the Titanic.
(2) Group discussions generate
(3) Can an interesting story be (4) The Titanic has been directed
written by her ? ideas.
by James Cameron.
(4) Could an interesting story be (3) Group di scussions have
396. Mr. Dutta teaches us English.
written by her ? generated ideas.
(1) We are being taught English
386. The poet, Blake, wrote many (4) Group discussions generates by Mr. Dutta.
poems for children. ideas.
(2) By Mr. Dutta we are taught
(1) Many poems were written 392. Who is singing such a sweet English.
for children by the poet, song?
(3) We have been taught
Blake. (1) By whom is such a sweet English by Mr. Dutta.
(2) Many poems were written by song sang? (4) English is taught to us by Mr.
children for the poet, Blake. (2) By whom has such a sweet Dutta.
(3) Many are the poems written song sung? 397. Has the postman not delivered
by children for the p oet (3) By whom is such a sweet the letter ?
Blake. song sung? (1) Has the letter not been
(4) Children wrote many poems
(4) By whom is such a sweet delivered by the postman ?
by the poet Blake.
song being sung? (2) Is the letter delivered by the
387. Each person exhibited various
Directions (393–402) : In the postman ?
following questions, a sentence has (3) The postman hasn’t delivered
(1) Various facial expressions
been given in Active/Passive Voice. Out the letter,
are exhibited by each person.
of the four alternatives suggested, (4) Has the letter been delivered
(2) Various facial expressions
select the one which best expresses by the postman ?
were exhi bited by each
person. the same sentence in Passive/Active 398. John is building a new
(3) Various facial expressions
(SSC (10+2) Stenographer Grade (1) A new cupboard is being
were being exhibited by each
"C" & "D" Exam. 31.07.2016) built by John.
(4) Various facial expressions 393. Our parents have taught us to (2) A new cupboard is been built
have been used by each behave properly. by John.
person. (1) We were taug ht ho w to (3) John’s new cupbo ard is
388. The girls ate a mango yesterday. behave properly by our being built.
(1) A mango is eaten by the girls parents. (4) John has been building a
yesterday. (2) Our parents taught us how new cupboard.
(2) A mango was eaten by the to behave properly. 399. Someone will pay you next
girls yesterday. (3) Our parents have been Monday.
(3) A mango is being eaten by teaching us how to behave (1) Someone will be paying you
the girls yesterday. properly. next Monday.
(4) A mango has been eaten by (4) We have been taught to (2) You will be paid next Monday.
the girls yesterday. behave properly by our (3) Someone is going to pay you
389. Your manners irritate me. parents. next Monday.
(1) I am irritated by my 394. Why did your father refuse (4) You would be paid next
manners. such an honourable job ? Monday.
(2) Manners are irritating me. (1) Why does your father refused 400. Drinking was ruining his life
(3) I am being irritated by your such an honourable job ? gradually.
(2) Why is such an honourable (1) His life is ruined by gradual
(4) I am irritated by your
job refused by your father ? drinking.