TRANSFORMATION OF SENTENCES (ACTIVE/PASSIVE)
(2) The police was catching him (4) He is being gone to be (3) You may keep your promis-
littering up the street. brought here by me. es.
(3) The police caught him for lit- 329. He has sent me a present. (4) You should keep your prom-
tering up the street. (1) I have been sent to him a ises.
(4) The police catches him litter- present. 335. Many types of fish were being
ing up the street. (2) A present will be sent to me sold by them at the market.
323. Let the window be opened. by him. (1) They are selling many types
(1) Window be opened. (3) A present have been sent to me. of fish at the market.
(2) Leave the window open (4) A present has been sent to (2) They were selling many
(3) Open the window. me by him. types of fish at the market.
(4) Don’t close the window. 330. Parents love their children. (3) They have sold many types
324. I know that he did the work. of fish at the market.
(1) Children have been loved by
(1) That the work was done by (4) They sell many types of fish
him is known to me. at the market.
(2) Children will be loved by
(2) That the work is done by him 336. We have cycled more than ten
is known to me. kilometers.
(3) Children are loved by their
(3) That he did the work is known (1) More than ten kilometers
by me. have been cycled by us.
(4) Children are being loved by
(4) That he did the work is known (2) None of the above.
to me. (3) We have been cycling for
331. The painting would have been more than ten kilometers.
325. Many factors within our nation stolen if he hadn’t helped.
affect the economy. (4) Both of the above.
(1) Someone had stol en the
(1) The economy was affected by 337. The lady is treading on the flow-
painting if he hadn’t helped. ers.
many factors within our na-
(2) Someone stole the painting (1) The flowers are being tread-
if he hadn’t helped. en on by the lady.
(2) The economy has affected by
(3) Someone would have stolen (2) The flowers are being trod-
many factors within our na-
the painting if he hadn’t den on by the lady.
helped. (3) The flowers are being trod
(3) The economy is being affect-
ed by many factors within (4) Someone may have stolen on by the lady.
our nation. the painting if he hadn’t (4) The flowers are being tread-
helped. ed on by the lady.
(4) The economy is affected by
many factors within our na- 332. They believe Veerappan to be 338. The historical society built the
tion. dangerous. museum.
326. The child upset the salt over ev- (1) Veerappan has been believed (1) The museum was built by the
erything. to be dangerous. historical society.
(1) The child is upset about the (2) Veerappan could be believed (2) The museum has been built
salt over everything. to be dangerous. by the historical society.
(2) The salt is upset over every- (3) Veerappan is believed to be (3) The museum is built by the
thing by the child. dangerous. historical society.
(3) The salt is upsetted by the (4) Veerappan can be believed (4) The museum was being built
child over everything. to be dangerous. by the historical society.
(4) The salt was upset over ev- 333. My last venture undid me com- 339. Let him be told to do it.
erything by the child. pletely. (1) He is told to do it.
327. He opens the door. (1) I was completely undone by (2) He should be told to do it.
(1) The door is opened by him. my last venture (3) Tell him to do it.
(2) The door was opened by (2) I was incompletely done by (4) Tell him about doing it.
him. my last venture 340. Please see that the room is swept
(3) The door shall be opened by (3) I was not done completely by and mopped before I return.
him. my last venture. (1) Please see that somebody
(4) The door will be opened by (4) I was not being undone com- will sweeps and mop the
him. pletely by my last venture. room before I return.
328. I am going to bring him here. 334. Your promises are to be kept by (2) Please see that somebody
(1) He is going to bring here by you has swept and mopped the
me. (1) Promises must be kept by room before I return.
(2) He is being brought here by me. you. (3) Please see that somebody
(3) He is going to be brought (2) You are to keep your prom- sweeps and mops the room
here by me. ises. before I return.