TRANSFORMATION OF SENTENCES (ACTIVE/PASSIVE)
(1) His boss is impressed by his (2) We use this house very rarely 297. She wrote a letter.
performance. (3) We used this house very rarely (1) A letter is being written by her
(2) His performance impresses (4) We uses this house very rarely (2) A letter is written by her
his boss 290. The box can contain no more. (3) A letter was written by her
(3) His boss is impressed at his (1) No more this box can contain (4) A letter was being written by
performance (2) No more could be contained her
(4) His boss is impressed in his in this box 298. My mother mustn’t be disturbed.
performance (3) No more can be contained in (1) You mustn’t disturb my mother
284. How was it managed by you? this box (2) You shouldn’t disturb my
(1) How have you managed it ? (4) Nothing can be contained in mother
(2) Did you manage it ? this box (3) You must be disturbing my
(3) How did you manage it ? 291. They held a meeting and mother
(4) Was it managed by you ? delivered speeches. (4) You have disturbed my mother
285. I was astonished at his behav- (1) A meeting was held and de- 299. His lordship soon found me to
iour. livered speeches be unfit for the service.
(1) His behaviour is astonishing (2) A meeting will be held and (1) I had been found by his lord-
to me speeches delivered ship to be unfit for the service
(2) His behaviour astonished me (3) A meeti ng i s hel d and (2) I was soon found by his
(3) His behaviour astonishes me speeches delivered lordship to be unfit for the
(4) His behaviour had astonished (4) A meeting was held and service
me speeches delivered (3) I was found by his lordship
286. All his friends laughed at him. 292. It is time for food to be eaten. to be unfit for the service
(1) He was laughed at by all his (1) It is time to eat our food (4) I was soon found out by his
friends (2) It is time for eating food lordship to be unfit for the
(2) He was laughed by all his (3) It is time to eat service
friends 300. They have not been submitting
(4) Food is to be eaten now
(3) He was being laughed by their class work regularly.
293. The teacher may punish you.
all his friends (1) The class work have not been
(1) You should be punished by
(4) He was being laughed at by submitted regularly by them
all his friends (2) The class work has not been
287. Every disaster affected victim (2) You shall have been punished
by the teacher submitted regularly by them
has been compensated by the (3) The class work are not being
government. (3) You will be punished by the
teacher submitted regularly
(1) The government has compen- (4) The class work is not being
sated every disaster affected (4) You may be punished by the
teacher submitted regularly by them
294. None likes him. Directions (301–320) : In the
(2) The government had compen-
(1) He is liked by none following questions, a sentence has
sated every disaster affected
been given in Active/Passive Voice. Out
victim (2) He was not liked by anyone
of the four alternatives suggested,
(3) The government has been (3) He has not been liked by any- select the one which best expresses
compensating every disaster one the same sentence in Passive /Active
affected victim (4) He is not liked by anyone Voice.
(4) The government have been 295. You are requested to keep the (SSC CGL Tier-II Exam.12.04.2015
compensating every disaster book on the table. Kolkata Region, TF No. 315 RI 3)
affected victim (1) You should keep the book on 301. One should keep ones promises.
288. Indiscipline should not be en- the table
couraged. (1) Promises should be kept by
(2) You must keep the book on someone.
(1) We are not encouraging indis- the table
cipline (2) One promise should be kept.
(3) Please kept the book on the (3) Once a promise should be
(2) We have not encouraging in- table
(4) Please keep the book on the (4) Promises should be kept.
(3) We should not encourage in- table
discipline 302. People in Egypt speak Arabic.
296. He was being chased by the
(4) We must not encouraged in- (1) Arabic was spoken by peo-
discipline ple in Egypt.
(1) The dogs are chasing him
289. This house is used very rarely (2) Arabic is spoken in Egypt.
(2) The dogs chased him
by us. (3) In Egypt Arabic is spoken.
(3) The dogs chase him
(1) We are using this house very (4) Arabic is being spoken by
rarely (4) The dogs were chasing him
people in Egypt.