TRANSFORMATION OF SENTENCES (ACTIVE/PASSIVE)
(3) My grandfather had given (1) Shall I ever forget those (3) Her kind deed will be her
this watch to me. happy moments ? reward.
(4) My grandfather has given (2) Can I ever forget those hap- (4) Her kind deed will have been
this watch to me. py moments ? her reward.
248. By whom is the child being fed? (3) Will I ever forget those hap- 260. God gives us happiness.
(1) Who is feeding the child ? py moments ? (1) Happiness is given by God.
(2) Who has fed the child ? (4) Could I ever forget those (2) Happiness is being given to
(3) Who was feeding the child ? happy moments ? us by God.
(4) Who has been feeding the 255. You have to do this immediately. (3) Happiness has been given by
child ? (1) This has been done by you God.
249. Alexander expected to conquer immediately. (4) Happiness will be given by
the world. (2) This is being done by you im- God.
(1) It was expected by Alexander mediately. Directions (261–280) : In the fol-
that he should conquer the (3) This was being done by you lowing questions, a sentence has been
world. immediately. given in Active/Passive Voice. Out of
(4) This has to be done by you the four alternative suggested, select
(2) It was expected by Alexander
immediately. the one which best expresses the same
that he would conquer the sentence in Passive/Active Voice.
world. 256. The labourers were digging a ca-
(SSC CGL Tier-II Exam. 12.04.2015)
(3) It was expected by Alexander nal.
261. The gardener ought to water the
that he will conquer the world. (1) A canal is being digged by
(4) It had been expected by Alex- the labourers.
(1) The plants have been watered
ander that he would conquer (2) A canal was dug by the labour-
daily by the gardener.
the world. ers.
(2) The plants ought to water dai-
250. She begins her day with a cup (3) A canal was being dug by the
ly by the gardener.
of coffee. labourers.
(3) The plants are ought to wa-
(1) Her day is being begun with (4) A canal had been dug by the ter daily by the gardener.
a cup of coffee. labourers.
(4) The plants ought to be wa-
(2) Her day is begun with a cup 257. The watchman switched on the tered daily by the gardener.
of coffee. lights before it began to grow
262. Who wrote it ?
(3) A cup of coffee is beginning dark.
(1) By who will it be written ?
her day. (1) The lights were onl y
(2) By whom was it written ?
(4) A cup of coffee has begun her switched on before it began
(3) By who might it be written?
day. to grow dark.
(4) By who would it be written ?
251. Cacao is bitter when it is tast- (2) The lights are being
switched on before it’ be- 263. The principal will announce the
(1) Cacao is bitter. gan to grow dark.
(3) The lights were being (1) The results were announced
(2) Cacao tastes bitter. by the principal.
switched on by the watchman
(3) Cacao’s taste is bitter. (2) The results are announced by
before it began to grow dark.
(4) Cacao tasted bitter. the principal.
(4) The lights were switched on
252. A great man acknowledged me as by the watchman before it (3) The results will have an-
a flatterer to him. nounced by the pripcipal.
began to grow dark.
(1) I was acknowledged by a (4) The results will be announced
258. Where do you keep the cur-
great man to be a flatterer. by the principal.
rent magazines ?
(2) I was acknowledged by a 264. Some people were helping the
(1) Where were the current
great man to have been a wounded woman.
magazines kept ?
flatterer. (1) The wounded woman is be-
(2) Where have the current
(3) I am acknowledged as a flat- ing helped by some people.
magazines been kept ?
terer by a great man. (2) The wounded woman was be-
(3) Where are the current ing helped by some people.
(4) I was acknowledged as a flat- magazines being kept ?
terer to a great man. (3) The wounded is helped by
(4) Where are the current mag- some people.
253. Let us help him. azines kept by you ?
(1) Let him help us. (4) The wounded woman was
259. She will be rewarded for her kind helped by some people.
(2) Let he is helped. deed. 265. The servant will execute all or-
(3) Let he be helped. (1) Her kind deed will reward ders promptly.
(4) Let him be helped by us. her. (1) All orders will have to be ex-
254. Can those happy moments be (2) Her kind deed will have re- ecuted promptly by the ser-
ever forgotten by me ?” warded her. vant.