TRANSFORMATION OF SENTENCES (ACTIVE/PASSIVE)
(2) We would work by him. 222. Trespassers shall be 227. Aditya saw Dinesh shopping at
(3) We might work by him. prosecuted. the mall.
(4) We have to work by him. (1) The authorities m ight (1) Dinesh is seen shopping at
217. Leo Tolstoy wrote ‘War and prosecute trespassers the mall by Aditya.
Peace’. (2) The a uthoritie s can (2) Dinesh was seen shopping at
(1) ‘War and Peace’ was written prosecute trespassers the mall by Aditya.
by Leo Tolstoy. (3) The autho rities shall (3) Dinesh was being seen
(2) ‘War and Peace’ is written by prosecute trespassers. shopping at the mall by
Leo Tolstoy. (4) The authori ties may Aditya.
(3) ‘War and Peace’ will be prosecute trespassers. (4) Dinesh is bei ng seen
written by Leo Tolstoy. 223. The waiter filled the glasses with shopping at the mall by
(4) ‘War and Peace’ was being
(1) The water were filled in the 228. He wasn’t given the information
written by Leo Tolstoy.
glasses by waiter. he needed.
218. Rita rescued three puppies. (1) Somebody was not given the
(2) The glasses filled with water
(1) Three puppies are rescued information he needed.
by the waiter.
by Rita. (2) The information he needed
(3) The glasses were filled with
(2) Three puppies were rescued wasn’t given to him.
water by the waiter.
by Rita. (3) He needed the information he
(4) The waiter was filled the
(3) Three puppies will be glasses with water. wasn’t given.
rescued by Rita. (4) They didn’t give him the
224. She took the dog for a walk.
(4) Three puppies are being information he needed.
(1) The dog took a walk by her.
rescued by Rita. 229. Bipin was not told about the
(2) The dog was taken for a walk
219. Will he have written a letter ? meeting.
(1) Will a letter have written by (1) Somebody did not tell Bipin
(3) The dog took her for a walk.
him ? about the meeting.
(4) The dog was took for a walk.
(2) Will a letter be written by (2) There was nobody who could
225. He was driving the car so fast tell Bipin about the meeting.
him? that it skidded on the snowy
(3) Will a letter to be written by (3) Nobody told Bipin about the
him ? (1) The car has been driven by (4) The meeting was not told
(4) Will a letter have been him so fast that it skidded on about to Bipin.
written by him ? the snowy road.
230. Have you been shown what to
220. The doctor advised me to give (2) The car was driven by him do ?
up sweets. so fast that it skidded on the (1) Have anybody been shown
(1) To me give up sweets was snowy road. by you what to do ?
advised by doctor. (3) The car was being driven by (2) Have anybody been showing
(2) The doctor advised to give him so fast that it skidded on you-what to do ?
up sweets me. the snowy road. (3) Has you been shown what to
(3) I was advised by the doctor (4) The car had been driven by do?
to give up sweets. him so fast that it skidded on (4) Has anybody shown you what
(4) I was advised to give up eat the snowy road. to do?
sweets by the doctor. Directions (226-230) : In the Directions (231-235) : In the
Directions (221–225) : In the following questions, a sentence has following questions, a sentence has
following questions, a sentence has been given in Active/Passive Voice. Out been given in Active /Passive Voice.
been given in Active/Passive Voice. Out of the four alternatives suggested, Out of the four alternatives suggested,
of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses select the one which best expresses
select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Passive/Active the same sentence in Passive/Active
the same sentence in Passive /Active Voice. Voice.
Voice. (SSC (10+2) Level Data Entry Operator (SSC (10+2) Level Data Entry
& LDC Exam. 27.10.2013, IInd Sitting) Operator & LDC Exam.
(SSC (10+2) Level Data Entry
Operator & LDC Exam. 20.10.2013) 226. I don’t like people telling me 10.11.2013, Ist Sitting)
221. They will laugh at you. what to do. 231. They proposed to hold a meeting.
(1) You will have been laughed (1) I don’t like it when people are (1) A meeting had to be proposed
telling me what to do. to be held by them.
at by them.
(2) I don’t like being told what to (2) It was proposed by them to
(2) You can be laughed at by
do. hold a meeting.
(3) Telling me what to do is what (3) A meeting shoul d be
(3) You may be laughed at by
I don’t like. proposed to be held.
(4) I don’t like people when they (4) It was propsoed to hold a
(4) You will be laughed at by
tell me what to do. meeting.