TRANSFORMATION OF SENTENCES (ACTIVE/PASSIVE)
(1) All the instructions are care- (2) The child’s shrill wail was bro- Directions (86 – 90) : In the fol-
fully followed by you. ken by the silence. lowing questions, a sentence has been
(2) All the instructions were care- (3) The silence was broken by the given in Active Voice/Passive Voice.
fully followed by you. child’s shrill wail. Out of the four alternatives suggest-
(3) All the instructions should be (4) The silence was being broken ed, select the one which best expresses
carefully followed by you. by the child’s shrill wail. the same sentence in Passive Voice/
(4) All the instructions can be Directions (81–85) : In the fol- Active Voice.
carefully followed by you. lowing questions, a sentence has been (SSC Tax Assistant (Income Tax &
Directions (76-80) : In following given in Active/Passive Voice. Out of Central Excise) Exam. 14.12.2008)
questions, a sentence has been given the four alternatives suggested below, 86. We have already done the exer-
in Active/Passive Voice. Out of the four select the one which best expresses cise.
alternatives suggested below, select the same sentence in Passive/Active (1) Already, the exercise has been
the one which best expresses the same Voice. done by us.
sentence in Passive/Active Voice. (SSC Section Officer (Audit) (2) The exercise has already been
(SSC Section Officer (Audit) Exam. 30.11.2008) done by us.
Exam. 10.12.2006) 81. The cat is running after the rat. (3) The exercise had been already
76. The school was damaged by the (1) The rat was being run after done by us.
earthquake which caused havoc by the cat. (4) The exercise is already done
to other buildings as well.
(2) The rat is being run after by by us.
(1) The earthquake damaged the
school and other buildings. the cat. 87. The main skills we seek to devel-
(3) The rat is run after by the cat. op include analysing, interpreting
(2) The earthquake damaged oth-
(4) The cat is being run after by and evaluating ideas.
(3) The earthquake caused hav- the rat. (1) The main skills sought by us
oc to the school. to develop include analysing,
82. English is spoken all over the
interpreting and evaluating
(4) The earthquake damaged the world.
school besides causing havoc (1) All over the world English
to other buildings. (2) The main skills sought to be
77. You don’t need to wind this watch. developed by us include anal-
(2) English speaks all over the
ysing, interpreting and evalu-
(1) This watch need not be world. ating ideas
wound. (3) The whole world speaks En-
(2) This watch does not wind. (3) The main skills that we are
glish. seeking to be developed in-
(3) This watch need not be (4) People speak English all over clude analysing, interpreting
wounded. the world. and evaluating ideas
(4) This watch need not be wind- 83. The boys elected Mohan captain. (4) The main skills include anal-
(1) The boys were elected captain ysing, interpreting and evalu-
78. Has somebody broken the win-
by Mohan. ating ideas which are sought
(2) Mohan is elected captain by by us to develop
(1) Have the window been bro-
the boys. 88. Who can question Gandhi’s integ-
(2) Had the window been broken (3) Mohan was elected captain by rity ?
by somebody ? the boys. (1) By whom Gandhi’s integrity
(3) Has the window been broken (4) Mohan and the boys elected can be questioned ?
by somebody ? the captain. (2) By whom can Gandhi’s integ-
(4) Has been the window bro- 84. They threw away the rubbish. rity be questioned ?
ken ? (1) The rubbish will be thrown (3) Gandhi’s integrity can be
79. The children are making a noise. away. questioned by whom ?
(1) A noise is made by the chil- (2) The rubbish was being thrown (4) Who could have questioned
dren. away. Gandhi’s integrity ?
(2) A noise is being made by the (3) The rub bish was thrown 89. He presented me a bouquet on my
children. away. birthday.
(3) The children should be mak- (4) The rubbish thrown away. (1) A bouquet is presented to me
ing a noise. 85. Let him see the picture. on my birthday by him
(4) A noise has been made by the (2) I was presented on my birth-
(1) Let the picture be seen by
children. day a bouquet by him
80. The child’s shrill wail broke the (3) I was presented a bouquet on
(2) The picture is seen by him.
silence. my birthday by him
(3) Let him the picture be seen.
(1) The silence was being broken (4) I will be presented a bouquet
by the child’s shrill wail. (4) The picture is seen by him.
on my birthday by him