IMPROVEMENT OF SENTENCES
ment is required, choose “No improve- 991. You must accustom yourself (3) cut a sorry figure
ment”. with new ideas. (4) No improvement
(SSC (10+2) Stenographer Grade (1) accustom to Directions (998–1002) : In each of
"C" & "D" Exam. 31.07.2016) (2) accustom yourself to the following questions, a sentence/ a
982. Will you lend me few rupees in (3) accustomed with part of the sentence is printed in bold.
this hour of need ? (4) No improvement Four alternatives are given to the bold
(1) lend me any rupees Directions (992–996) : In each of part which will improve the sentence.
(2) lend me a few rupees the following questions, a sentence/part Choose the correct alternative corre-
(3) borrow me a few rupees of the sentence is printed in bold. Four sponding to it. In case no improvement
(4) No improvement alternatives are given to the bold part is needed, choose the option corre-
983. The car with a burst tyre halted which will improve the sentence. Choose sponding to “No improvement”.
swiftly. the correct alternative. In case no (SSC CGL Tier-I (CBE)
(1) stopped fastly improvement is needed, select option Exam. 28.08.2016 (IInd sitting)
(2) jolted to a halt corresponding to “No improvement”. 998. You must complete this work up
(3) stopped quick (SSC CGL Tier-I (CBE) to Sunday.
(4) No improvement Exam. 27.08.2016 (Ist sitting) (1) within Sunday
984. Many incidents of the last month 992. Each self is unique, and therefore (2) by Sunday
seem unimportant when viewed cannot be compared. (3) on to Sunday
in perception. (1) incomparable (4) No improvement
(1) perceptive (2) non-comparable 999. Hole wheat bread is good for
(2) perspective (3) incomparably health.
(3) prospective (4) No improvement (1) Whole
(4) No improvement 993. Shall I sit between you at the (2) Healthy
985. The youths jostled their way in concert? (3) Holed
the crowd. (1) beside (2) besides (4) No improvement
(1) through (3) next 1000. She has no pen to write.
(2) among (4) No improvement (1) write with
(3) over 994. No one other reason than (2) write at
(4) No improvement poverty is hampering India’s (3) write in
986. What is wrong with the argument progress. (4) No improvement
is that even if the two premises (1) No other
are true, then the conclusion 1001. He dislikes the word, isn’t he ?
(2) None other (1) doesn’t he ?
isn’t necessarily true.
(3) No another (2) didn’t he ?
(1) the conclusion is false
(4) No improvement (3) does he ?
(2) the conclusions aren’t
995. The custom has took root in the (4) No improvement
(3) the conclusion will be true 1002. He is one of those who likes to
(1) taken root help others.
(4) No improvement
(2) take root (1) those persons who like to
987. He is entitled to a reward for
(3) takes root help others
(1) entitle to (2) entitled (4) No improvement (2) those who like to help the
(3) titled 996. We will take care of your children other
when you are away at Mumbai. (3) those who like to help others
(4) No improvement
(1) be looking for (4) No improvement
988. The sight chosen for the school
building is good. (2) look after Directions (1003 – 1007) : In
(1) eye-sight (2) side (3) take care after each of the following questions, a sen-
(3) site (4) No improvement tence/a part of the sentence is print-
(4) No improvement Directio ns (997) : In this ed in bold. Four alternatives are given
989. The matter must be considered question, a sentence or a part of to the bold part which will improve the
in every point of view. sentence is printed in bold. Below are sentence. Choose the correct alternative
(1) at every given alternatives to the bold part corresponding to it. In case no improve-
(2) on every which may improve the sentence. ment is needed, choose the option cor-
(3) from every Choose the correct alternative. In case responding to “No improvement”.
(4) No improvement no impro vement is needed, yo ur (SSC CGL Tier-I (CBE)
answer is No improvement. Exam. 29.08.2016 (IInd sitting)
990. The poor villagers have waited
(SSC CGL Tier-I (CBE) 1003. She has that rare character - the
in the bitter cold for more than
Exam. 27.08.2016 (IInd sitting) ability to listen to people.
two hours now.
997. She cut a sad figure in her first (1) rare ear
(1) had waited
performance on the stage. (2) rare characteristic
(2) have been waiting
(1) made a sorry figure (3) rare sense
(3) has been waiting
(2) cut a sorry face (4) No improvement
(4) No improvement